Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Floor air mover to faster dry solvent print inks ?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Holysteel, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Holysteel

Holysteel Member

Jul 8, 2012
    I have been using industrial fans to blow at the floor to evaporate the inks faster.

Been thinking to bring it up to the next level & try using floor air movers to speed up things. Is this a advisable move ?

Now i knew that some inks are dried the moment it take up the roll. I just want to make sure it is almost completely dried to the core to it best extend. Not only the top coating.

Just want to make sure it is fully 'cured' to the best it can without having to use UV inks & lamps & also not having to hang for 1-2 days, waiting for it to fully cured.

Please advise. Thank you.

Tags:
  2. MikeD

MikeD Active Member

Oct 25, 2011
    heat and airflow will expedite drytime

3. Holysteel

Holysteel Member

Jul 8, 2012
    I am thinking of constructing a additional custom made DIY heat source using halogen spotlight shining on floor on the inks..

While using two floor Air movers blowing on each side of the media.

Is this advisable?

4. 4R Graphics

4R Graphics Active Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Yellowtool makes a drying tube its basically a big flex tube with a fan. You put rolled up print inside seal and turn on fan. I ahve not used one but I understand you can laminate within a few hours doing this.

Try fellers and look at there online catalog you can see it but no prices online without an account.

look in the tool section of there catalog the thing is made by a company called yellowtool they are in Germany.

5. 4R Graphics

4R Graphics Active Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Yep that is it.

Like I said I have no idea about the abilities but the yellow tool guys are wrap guys and have been doing this stuff for a while and have marketed alot of tools that they have comeup with over the years.

6. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Switch to latex printers ;).

7. Holysteel

Holysteel Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Good idea. :)

8. skdave

skdave Member

Can Latex be laminated a second it comes off the HP printer?

9. mnapuran

mnapuran Active Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Plano (Dallas), TX
    That's the rumor :)