• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Floor air mover to faster dry solvent print inks ?

Holysteel

I have been using industrial fans to blow at the floor to evaporate the inks faster.

Been thinking to bring it up to the next level & try using floor air movers to speed up things. Is this a advisable move ?

Now i knew that some inks are dried the moment it take up the roll. I just want to make sure it is almost completely dried to the core to it best extend. Not only the top coating.

Just want to make sure it is fully 'cured' to the best it can without having to use UV inks & lamps & also not having to hang for 1-2 days, waiting for it to fully cured.

Please advise. Thank you.

Holysteel

I am thinking of constructing a additional custom made DIY heat source using halogen spotlight shining on floor on the inks..

While using two floor Air movers blowing on each side of the media.

Is this advisable?

4R Graphics

Yellowtool makes a drying tube its basically a big flex tube with a fan. You put rolled up print inside seal and turn on fan. I ahve not used one but I understand you can laminate within a few hours doing this.

Try fellers and look at there online catalog you can see it but no prices online without an account.

look in the tool section of there catalog the thing is made by a company called yellowtool they are in Germany.

4R Graphics

Yep that is it.

Like I said I have no idea about the abilities but the yellow tool guys are wrap guys and have been doing this stuff for a while and have marketed alot of tools that they have comeup with over the years.