• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Floor displays with HPZ6100

Cmartorelli

Hello I need to produce some floor displays on my HP Z6100. A few of these will be paneled and the customer is looking for something that will last at least 5 years.
We will like to use a paper with adhesive on the back to save on labor in mounting. Our thoughts a using the HP Everyday Adhesive Matt Polypropylene and seal floor guard. When we panel the graphics together it will need to be a but joint so I hoping the Polypropylene will not shrink like vinyl does. Are we are the right track or is there something elise we should be looking at?

Billct2

I have a Z and I would be looking to sub it out. 5 years? Does any floor graphic last that long? I always thought a year was a long time.

kanini

I had a question for a floor graphics once and the customer wanted it to last maybe 3-4 years. I told them no problem, we'll quote a system with a replacement every 6-12 months depending on need (since this was a heavy foot traffic area). They said no, we got a better quote from another company that says it'll hold up. Visited the place 5 months after the install and it was lifting heavily in the edges causing people to stumble upon it. They removed it shortly after and didn't replace it so I guess the ones that did the install didn't profit much on that job...

I would never guarantee a floor graphic for more than max. a year, it will also look scuffed and dirty after that so you want to replace it anyway. I also suggest you sub it out to someone with the correct floor materials, wouldn't put the regular vinyl you mention...

kanini

Because you need special floor vinyl for the job and those are only printable with solvent/eco-solvent (and maybe latex) machines.

iprint

The polypro probably has an adhesive that will almost be damaging to remove. One thing that I have done in the past when I was running aqueous was to print on polypro (lexjet satin polypro), laminate with an appropriate floor lam (lexjet velvet floor lam) and mount that to a vinyl suitable for floors (lexjet simple carpet ad). It adds a little thickness but not too bad. However, if you think that it would last for 5 years you are crazy. I do not know of a floor vinyl rated for 5 years.