• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Floor Graphic Materials

What are you guys using, this would be my first "Floor Graphic"

to me its the laminate that is what is important, i was considering using General Formulations Concept 211 floor traffic laminate

what is your take on the media, i was wanting to go with Orafol 3651 Intermediate Cal. it would be installed on a new medical grade commercial tile.

i know they make just floor graphic media, hopping not to have to purchase two special rolls for this.......

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
You can get away with using that vinyl, you just need to make sure you use a UL rated slip resistant laminate. I carry a 6 Mil UL rated laminate for $0.31 sq.ft if you need a source.

yeah it has UL Classified 4R93 for Slip Resistance.

thanks for the offer, i will prob just get a roll, ill be able to sell it if i have it........

CanuckSigns

We do quite a few floor decals here, I've always just used a decent intermediate vinyl such as IJ40 or 3651 and laminated with a good floor laminate.

Having said that, keep away from cheap floor laminates, we bought some house brand stuff from a supplier here that was very cheap, used it on a few smaller projects and had to redo all my them in less than 2 months. We now use another house brand from a different supplier, it's much more expensive but no failures in a few years.

Rlaw44

You should make sure they put down 5-6 coats of wax after the graphic is applied. Especially with winter coming up, once people start dragging in salt and sand on their shoes, I don't think any vinyl/laminate combo alone is going to last.