• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Floor Graphics Q's?

cha88

Got a customer who wants some floor graphics done... I have not done any yet, wanted to know what I should use for material? This is a really busy place and i wanted to know if these things can get slippery when you walk on them wet? Anything else I need to know? Thanks

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
PSTIF-54150 UL Slip Resistant Floor Lam 54"x150' $148.50
SSFGV-54150 3.5 Mil Matte Floor Graphics Removable Vinyl 54"x150' $195.75

This is a great solution I sell and should be the most competitive in price also.

you can get a floor graphic material along with a slip resistant lam to go over the top. check out bigfish's stuff, i heard he sells awesome stuff

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Also want to determine how long they expect it to last. About 6 months ago we did a huge amount of 2' x 2' peices for the US Army. They wanted them to last as long as possible and specified that they would prefer a 3M product. While a lot more expensive, based on what they wanted we went with IJ40C base vinyl with 3645 laminate. I was at the base a few days ago and they still look perfect and new.

I also did one extra step not many do - double countour cut. To explain further.... We set the prints up to have a 3/4" border of just bare laminate beyond the print to make the edges adhering to the floor a little thinner and more "sticky". I set the file up with essentially 2 sets of contour cut marks and 2 sets of contour cut lines. One set right to the edge of the graphic - the second set 3/4" of an inch outside the printed graphic. We first contour cut the printed IJ40 while it was unlaminated. We then laminated it and ran it through the cutter a second time to cut the laminate.

Setting the job up was a little tricky - the first cut needed to really be a ring so we could weed that out while leaving the printed marks for the second cut. Worked great though.

boxerbay

Also want to determine how long they expect it to last. About 6 months ago we did a huge amount of 2' x 2' peices for the US Army. They wanted them to last as long as possible and specified that they would prefer a 3M product. While a lot more expensive, based on what they wanted we went with IJ40C base vinyl with 3645 laminate. I was at the base a few days ago and they still look perfect and new.

I also did one extra step not many do - double countour cut. To explain further.... We set the prints up to have a 3/4" border of just bare laminate beyond the print to make the edges adhering to the floor a little thinner and more "sticky". I set the file up with essentially 2 sets of contour cut marks and 2 sets of contour cut lines. One set right to the edge of the graphic - the second set 3/4" of an inch outside the printed graphic. We first contour cut the printed IJ40 while it was unlaminated. We then laminated it and ran it through the cutter a second time to cut the laminate.

Setting the job up was a little tricky - the first cut needed to really be a ring so we could weed that out while leaving the printed marks for the second cut. Worked great though.

i like the double cut tip.