• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Floor Graphics

Sinclair

Looking for a vinyl to print on with our UV printer or solvent printer to go on the floor at our local mall. What are people using for print material and laminate?

Any advice for installing? Should we use edge sealer?

Thanks!

Dennis422

I do not think that vinyl has to be a specific one. The laminate has to be a non-slip.
Never did it, but that is what I have read in a few posts.

Why does the lam need to be non-slip? I understand if someone asks for it. But to be honest every mall has a floor that if wet would be incredibly slippery with how many times they get buffed. Why then do the graphics have to be non-slip?

rjssigns

why does the lam need to be non-slip? I understand if someone asks for it. But to be honest every mall has a floor that if wet would be incredibly slippery with how many times they get buffed. Why then do the graphics have to be non-slip?

L - a - w - y - e - r - s

idsignsil

Depending on how long they want it to last, determines material. I would go with a cast vinyl and textured floor laminate. Or you could try alumi graphics, they have a textured and a smooth that you can print on, then when they are done you just recycle them with the regular aluminum.

CanuckSigns

Depending on how long they want it to last, determines material. I would go with a cast vinyl and textured floor laminate. Or you could try alumi graphics, they have a textured and a smooth that you can print on, then when they are done you just recycle them with the regular aluminum.

Alumigraphics is extremly expensive! so much so that the high price overpowers the warm fuzzy feeling that some "environmentally friendly" clients get by using a recyclable material.

We use a standard 3 mil vinyl like Oracal 3651 with a textured non-slip laminate that we get from one of our local suppliers, I have a few up in very high traffic areas of hospitals that are just starting to need to be replaced after 2.5 years. I always tell clients that floor graphics are not a permanent solution, budget to replace them every 12-18 months. They are however highly effective!

idsignsil

Alumigraphics is extremly expensive! so much so that the high price overpowers the warm fuzzy feeling that some "environmentally friendly" clients get by using a recyclable material.

Never said it was cheap, just trying to give them some options. We offer it to our customers, but no one has put up the money for it yet.

shoresigns

FYI we had a client once that had specific requirements for slip-resistance and it turned out that Avery's standard calendered laminates (DOL 2000 series) have been tested and do in fact meet a number of standards from UL, ASTM, etc. You'll need to contact Avery for the exact specs.

you design

3d floor graphics

Looking for a vinyl to print on with our UV printer or solvent printer to go on the floor at our local mall. What are people using for print material and laminate?

Any advice for installing? Should we use edge sealer?

Thanks!

Does anyone know where I can purchase a ready to print 3d mural for floor graphics? Im looking to put some down for my new workshop and do not have the time to design something myself.. any help would be much appreciated :)

bigben