• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Floor Model Roland VS-540i or NEW SP-540i

tampaprinting

Tampa Printing
I have a decision that I'm about that make on purchasing a printer. My distributor has their floor model VS-540i with 20 hours on it, set up with cmyk lc lm, white and metallic, for only $500 more than I would pay for a New SP-540i. The SP is on back order and they made me the offer to move the VS.

My concerns are that I don't see myself using the white or metallic option. Although nice to have, I don't think I'll get that much use out of it.

I researched the print speeds on both printers and for normal vinyl and banner speeds they appear to print the same. Is that true or am I overlooking something.

They will give me the full 2 year warranty on the floor model VS, and the 1 year on the SP.

I don't know if there is a reason to not go with the VS other than that it's slightly used as it is the floor model that they've been demoing.

Thanks for the advice!

CS-SignSupply-TT

If you can see your way clear (no pun intended), I would go with the VS and begin to create markets and products to take advantage of the metallic and white (i.e. small static clings for the white)

Mike F

I'd go for the VS, especially since they're giving you a 2 year warranty on it as opposed to the 1 year on the SP. Plus, even if you don't use the metallic and white all that often it's still nice to have.

tampaprinting

Tampa Printing
I'd go for the VS, especially since they're giving you a 2 year warranty on it as opposed to the 1 year on the SP. Plus, even if you don't use the metallic and white all that often it's still nice to have.

I agree with the benifit of the the 2 year warranty. Are there issues with cleaning the machine on a regular basis and wasting the expensive metalic and white inks?

The floor model has '20 hours' on it so far, should this be a concern?

Since the white and metalic inks cost so much, who do you calculate a resonable price for the customer? In general, how does one calculate the cost per square foot?

The idea with all of this is making money and not regreting a purchase like this. Will the cmyk lm lc make a difference with basic vinyl prints and vehicle wraps?

can you have them take the white and metallic option out and swop it for lm and lc instead, a tech can do that.

also with a 2 year option on warrenty that is a good thing to have. i'd go for the vs.