• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Floor mural clear question.

Joe Diaz

So a local artist, (not us) painted one of those floor murals, where it looks like the ground is breaking away. Anyway, he's an airbrushes artist, so the city had no choice but to clear it so his hard work wouldn't wear away in a matter of months. The clear they used is holding up good, the problem is, it's on a downtown sidewalk in front of a restaurant and anytime it rains the surface turns into a giant slip-n-slide. So not good. Now they're coming to us asking if we know of a product that we can clear over this art that will also provide enough traction to walk over. Any ideas? We've never done this type of work before so I have no idea.

:help

Billct2

Another coat of the same clear they used with the grit/sand that can be mixed with paint to give it traction?

synergy_jim

mix silica sand with the clear. Sherwin Williams typically has the silica additive in stock. It's basically a clear sand so it won't dull the image.

Haakon

Oracal also have a laminate with sand/grit embedded for outdoor ground mounting (just happended to read about it yesterday while browsing a supplier catalogue). Can find the name if interested?

you design

floor murals

So a local artist, (not us) painted one of those floor murals, where it looks like the ground is breaking away. Anyway, he's an airbrushes artist, so the city had no choice but to clear it so his hard work wouldn't wear away in a matter of months. The clear they used is holding up good, the problem is, it's on a downtown sidewalk in front of a restaurant and anytime it rains the surface turns into a giant slip-n-slide. So not good. Now they're coming to us asking if we know of a product that we can clear over this art that will also provide enough traction to walk over. Any ideas? We've never done this type of work before so I have no idea.

:help
on this topic does anyone know where I can purchase ready to print 3d floor murals? any suggestions would be much appreciated :)