• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Floor vinyl

showcase 66

My brother is getting married this weekend and his soon to be wife wants to have the monogram on the dance floor. They were thinking just cut vinyl but I am not sure how it will handle the traffic all over it. My other thought would be having it printed on clear vinyl. I think it would need to be laminated so it wont scratch.

Any thoughts.

signage

Make sure you use a vinyl for use on floors. If you do not you may be talking to an attorney sooner than you think.

Sticky Signs

Use a removable vinyl with "floor graphic" rated lam. The lam needs to have anti-slip properties other wise people will be killing them selves on the dance floor. Floor graphic lam is usually textured and thick which makes it super easy to apply.

Bannerday

Are you sure the location will OK this.? If anything happens they would be libel too.

Hate to see you put it time & money just to find out they won't let you do it.

showcase 66

Use a removable vinyl with "floor graphic" rated lam. The lam needs to have anti-slip properties other wise people will be killing them selves on the dance floor. Floor graphic lam is usually textured and thick which makes it super easy to apply.

I didnt even think about an anti slip lam. Thanks for bringing that up.

Are you sure the location will OK this.? If anything happens they would be libel too.

Hate to see you put it time & money just to find out they won't let you do it.

Ya they have a 4' x 4' area that is dedicated for things like this.

Or have your brothers future mother-in-law take care of it!!!

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showpost.php?p=794004&postcount=22

Too funny.

Haha. Being this close to the wedding, I will not mention that to my brothers fiance. She might reach thru the phone a smack the crap out of me.

how about just renting a projector?
Thats a good idea. I have one they might be able to use. I will have to give them that thought.

I wish they would have asked about this earlier. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to let me know.

W

wetgravy

Most of the floor graphics I have applied have used a thick (10 or 15 mil) pebble texture or velvet laminate that excedes the vinyl to provide a protective edge from the graphics ... just cut on the plotter like the vinyl and layer as normal. Mind you it is only a stop gap, and for something like a one day event it's perfect. I used to order mine from Kapco, though I do believe they have stopped carrying the pebble texture ... proveer should carry it I believe.

Morgeaux

We sell dance floor designs for weddings all the time. Simply use Oracal 631 and cut the design. It stays through the event and then comes back off without ruining the floor. we have a test design at our entryway that has lasted nearly a year without showing wear and tear so it is durable.

3M makes a kit 8566CP in 36" and 54" that is for floor graphics. Its all in the lam used. Works great. we have it in our warehouse, looks good and it takes a beating. Tubelite in PHX can get it for you.

jiarby

My brother is getting married this weekend

They have probably known they were going to get married for 6 months or more... why wait until the week of the event to figure this stuff out.

Tell them you are already 3 weeks backed up... if only that had asked you 2 months ago.

Just go the the wedding, get drunk, find a fat chick to pickup and get laid and eat a bunch of those little smokies in BBQ sauce! IXNAY that middle part of you are married! LOL! Just make a cut vinyl decal for the back window of the car they drive away in.

GypsyGraphics

how about doing a gobo in cut vinyl?
gobo_floor.jpg