• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flora 2512 Installed - Pics

CS-SignSupply

Special Thanks to Dixie Signs and Decals of Florence, AL.

See pictures on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
http://www.facebook.com/cssignsupply
http://www.twitter.com/cssignsupply

We recently installed the Flora PP2512UV and have to say I could not be happier. The owners and operators of the unit were very excited and anxious to get it running. Other than a shipping error on my part, everything went as expected and the customer was producing work on the 3rd day of the install.

Today, the client called me for help with a drop-out issue on the second Magenta printhead. He primed and cleaned the head as instructed but continued to have an issue. All of the head temperatures, voltages and pressures were correct as well. After discussing the details of the problem as well as the timeline of the issue, I came to the conclusion that air had to have been trapped in the head. At this point, we bent the bleeder tube from the affected head towards the flushing station and opened the cap. We then purged the head through the bleeder tube and the enduser noticed two or three small air bubbles exiting the tube. Once a solid flow was established (2-3 seconds), we closed the line and then primed the head normally.

The small amount of air, that settled into the head from the bleeder line, was removed and they were able to complete the job today. Lesson learned, bleed the head thoroughly during install to eliminate any air in the line. I must have not removed all of the air on this one head.

The best part of this support call is that the customer was able to follow my directions over the phone and resolve the issue within just a few minutes of experiencing the first signs of drop out. Thank you Corey for your initiative and time.

While in Florence, we printed on coro, .040 anodized white aluminum, several vinyls, polycarbonate film, foamcore, 3M IJ180cv3 and a 6 panel off-white office door.

The Roll to Roll option came in very handy and proved worthy to the customer, due to the vacuum platten.

A few notes on the install, that I was not initially aware of, that may prove helpful:

- If you want the roll to roll option, you need to have air supply with at least 110psi. Without the Roll to Roll option, only 90psi is required.
- A grease gun is recommended to lubricate the spiral gears every few months (will include with our next install)
- Buy a monitor with rear mounts (oops)
- If you are using 64-bit Windows and running more than 12 heads, install the PhotoPrint software in the Programs directory, not the Programs(x86) .. USB driver issue that is being ironed out

CS-SignSupply

The air supply is actually for the Pin Registration and the rollers on the Roll to Roll Unit to move one up to apply traction on the media.

There are two integrated vacuum pumps already in the unit that supply suction for the bed and roll to roll platten.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Congrats Bobby. They are easy units to install and run.

We are waiting for the 6'x10' unit to arrive at our customer's site so we can install it.

CS-SignSupply

Thanks Chris. Glad to hear all is well. Did you hear about the 6'x10' in Denver that needed to be turned on its side in the crate to get into the customer's location ?? WOW

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Yes I did. I was speaking to Radisa about it last Wednesday. He said he would send me some pictures of it going through the door. Apparently they have to hire a rigger and they are doing it around 5AM on the weekend because the customer was on a busy street that couldn’t be closed during normal hours.