• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flora Flat Bed

mumpower

Do anyone on here have a flora flatbed printer that can give me a reference on it. Would like to hear from you.

Junkie

Flora

We also interested in hearing from any owners with real world experience. We like the 2512, but have only found 1 owner so far. Any owners, please respond about quality, maintenance, reliability, tech service, etc.

Kaiser

I am currently running one right now. In general considering the price tag, it isnt a bad machine.
It seems sturdy and well built. The lamp housing and shutters are flimsy though. The vacuum is impressive. Very strong indeed and fed by 2 blowers. It has a reverse suction system which comes in handy when working with heavier substrates and 0 point registration pins. Is it a wonderful machine? No. Is it good compared to other entry level machines, yes. It does surpass some printer with a higher price tag. I find the belt and pulley system to be a little edgy too.

Pros: its a very service friendly printer; maintenance is cheap considering most parts are generic and can be found even in Africa; Vacuum is exceptionally good; Strong build; Ink delivery system is good and hidden from any light source; Magnetic encoder strip is more durable than metal strips; anti crash system is a nice addition for fools; anti static bars are closer to the heads and actually work; reverse blower system is a nice addon; r2r option; head height up to 100mm. General Print quality vs speed is not bad at all.

Cons: Table is not customaizable due to all the components being below the table itself; shutter system and lamp housing very flimsy and seems week; carraige drive system is not the best around and seems to cause some issues with prints; Personally, I dont like the automatic head height system and Im just waiting for the day it will fail; sensors are very sensitive, but that could be a pro rather than a con; original SAI PhotoPrint software a terrible option as it is full of bugs; If you're buying direct from factory, from what ive heard, expect poor tech service, but I cant personally vouch for that as I bought mine through a distributor.

Id give it a 7.5 on a scale of 10.

Im just sorting out a few kinks at the moment that are really hurting because of downtimes, but hey, all machines do in their first few months of operation...... right? .... then again.. I might just be trying to look on the bright side :covereyes:

Hutchdm

Hey Kaiser,
I know this thread is quite old now but would be interested to hear how the Flora is going now its over 12mths old?
Any major issues, servicing costs etc
We are in the land down under and considering a 2512 with R2R option.
cheers mate

nate3d

Hello everyone,

We are thinking of purchasing a 2512 UV flatbed 4'x8'. Does anyone have any user info good or bad?

Thanks
Nate