• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Florida for Spring Break

Charlie J

Hey so I'm gonna be in Tampa, Florida for spring break. Staying around New Port Richey. Are there any cool sign-related places I should check out while in there?

Any cool signs shops I should check out while I'm in town?

Also, I would like to go on a cool fishing trip with my dad. Any recommendations?

G-Artist

NPR is in Pasco County, not Hillsboro, as is Tampa (ugh).

Lots of charter boats up there.

Party boats will be a heck of a lot cheaper than a charter.

fisheye48

as far as the fishing...i would call around to some of the local tackle shops and ask them...they deal with the captains and know the fishery better than most...call them and see what your best fishing options are and they can point you toward some captains

dwt

If you're going to be in the area check out the Salvidor Dali museum. Not a sign shop, but plenty of Grade A art.

Stealth Ryder

This is off the subject but I would recommend taking the Trolly into Ybor City and having dinner at the Columbian, great food... Must call and make reservations...

cgsigns_jamie

If you're gonna be in Tampa check out Busch Gardens... I've lived in Florida my entire life and have yet to go there. Planning on checking it out later this year.

If it's a licensed charter boat YOU will NOT need a license.

Unless you are fishing on a licensed charter fishing boat or from a licensed fishing pier, you will need a Florida fishing license. Non-residents can purchase a 3-day fishing license for $7 or a 7-day license for $17. Separate licenses are required for salt-water or fresh-water fishing. You can purchase licenses at most fishing tackle stores.