• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flower logo

wildside

I want to get a first impression from some people on this logo concept.

Background on it is this:
Client wants a new look, although no input on what they want, they have always used "brush script" and a clipart rose etc, very "cheap" looking. (they have a cousin that is good with art and is a sign guy):rolleyes:

They are actually looking to have a new van done, we did this design for them thinking we would take a stab in the dark based off conversations and the business relationship over time. We have had discussions about a logo and branding and moving forward with an actual image. We showed it to them, and their response kinda made me think "WTF!"

I will let you know their response after i get some unknown feedback. So, anyone wanna chime in, good bad or ugly?

Attachments

• flower.png
    flower.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 112

jimbug72

I agree with SignManiac. Just doesn't seem "flowery". I think it's the font. Has more of a garage or trucking company feel to it to me.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Shot in the dark as to what me think "WTF"....

Flower image is kinda phallic. I'll intentionally neglect to post the outline of what they might have seen.

PS - most customer dont look at fonts the same way we do... they like the pretty pictures and happy colors. Most can't even tell the difference between serif and sans. But they sure as heck know "papyrus".

PPS - if it was me, I'd lose the stem entirely, tilt the flower, and move to an edge of copy.

WI

Right off the top of my head I want the effects to match on all the lettering. In the stacked version the depth and thickness of the drop shadow is much larger on "Flower" than it is on "Gallery."

You might also want to work on the flower design a little more, it looks a little rushed next to that font.

Also, riffing off what seems to be general agreement thus far, the font looks a little too OK Corral for a flower shop. You can shoot for something that's the same weight, but less serifs, more curves.

wildside

fair enough, i didn't see the "ok corral" look until it was said, now thats all i see...hehehe

the response i was given by them was:

"loose the flower type thing, i don't think people will understand its a flower, and anyway it is taking up too much room and looks too busy, the lettering is the logo, but lets change it to something fancier, like what we have done before, i think its called handwriting or something like that, do you have a clipart book i can look at flowers in"......

i was dumbfounded, i know mine needs works and is just a rough draft to get the ball rolling, but their idea to brand their business appears to be to use brush script or wedding script with a tombstone style rose stuck to the side, just like they have always done and they think it looks fantastic, i was also told that those symbols people put with their names are weird sometimes and make no sense, he means all logos are just text, anything more is just not worth it cause people don't pay attention to symbols, he means fricken logos!!

Jillbeans

I actually agree with them.
That flower looks like something for a quilt.
A rose would be more appropriate as well as a nice script.
Yours is very masculine looking.
Love...Jill

genericname

I think the type could actually work, given the right application, and the right direction for the rest of the business. It definitely differs from the super flowery, script-y competition, though its "old timey" look is popular enough with other industries (remains to be seen if it's a trend or not). The illustrative elements are way too rigid though.

Jillbeans

Here's a real quick quickie, I used a flower I had from an old job as an example.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 116

wildside

UPDATE on this:

After some variations here and there in the design process, we took Jill's idea and went with our take on it and this is the result. The client really likes this one and is moving forward on the van next. They still do not see a "logo" as something that is necessary...:banghead:

Attachments

• flower2.jpg
    flower2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 94

Marlene

Not in love with the green flower tho.

why the green for the flower? with the red & green and that flower, it looks like Christmas. I think the font you used for the script will be so much better than Brush Script but with a font that flows and creates movement, the flower and lines seem to fight that movement instead of accenting it. it's like seeing a painting of ocean waves with a boat that isn't moving smack in the middle of it, it doesn't feel right.