• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fluid mask

Ken

I did download the trial..and I've tried using it on a couple of photos. I dont find it much easier that using the magic wand or backgound erase in Photoshop...I guess it takes time to truely appreciate it.
That's the problem...time.
Leanring a new software requires dedicated time..do you have that available?
From what I've seen so far..if I could get really close to it...should be good,
Cheers!
Ken

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You really need to watch the video tutorials at their website ... then use Fluid Mask ... then you really need to watch the video tutorials at their website ... then use Fluid Mask ... then you really need to watch the video tutorials at their website ... then use Fluid Mask ... then you really need to watch the video tutorials at their website ... then use Fluid Mask ... then you really need to watch the video tutorials at their website.

It's probably a terrific product but it takes a lot of practice and getting familiar with the way different settings work. My experience with it was very mixed.

GK

Even after watching the video tutorials --- its still gonna take some playing, than some more watching the videos, then some more playing. Awesome product, it seems to get more accurate results then onOne's Mask Pro 4 and it is way better then Chroma's Edge Pro.

Ken

Great for you guys with high-speed connection...me, on dial-up...forget it.
Ken

dclet

once you do learn it you will never give ANY masking a second thought..... it's an excellent tool.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Great for you guys with high-speed connection...me, on dial-up...forget it.
Ken

guido.gif
Might be time for you to get a Directv satellite for your internet and aim it at the southern sky. Works great except when it rains a lot or is excessively cloudy.

:Oops: Forgot you live in the Pacific NorthWET. :Cool 2:

Rod

Fluid Mask for SignLab

Yes, I've been through the vertustech videos myself. Worthwhile to watch and absorb, though the videos require a bit more polishing. By no means do I mean to disparage the Fluid Mask tools.

For SignLab 8 users that are wondering about Fluid Mask included with SignLab, note that this is a specific build of Fluid Mask to aid you when working in SignLab. Further, supplemental materials have been provided to help shorten the learning curve for you significantly.

Regards,

Rod at CADlink

DOGraphics

guido.gif
Might be time for you to get a Directv satellite for your internet and aim it at the southern sky. Works great except when it rains a lot or is excessively cloudy.

:Oops: Forgot you live in the Pacific NorthWET. :Cool 2:

I'm in Northern Kentucky and have DirecTV. How does it work w/ the NET? It was my understanding that it is a completely different satellite and signal. Dial-Up really really really really really really s*cks

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I'm in Northern Kentucky and have DirecTV. How does it work w/ the NET? It was my understanding that it is a completely different satellite and signal. Dial-Up really really really really really really s*cks

Careful with satellite internet providers. Some only provide a high speed downlink and you still have to dial-up for uplink.

I have Wildblue service. A bit pricey but you get high speed in both directions. What with the 24" Wildblue dish and a pair of 18" Dish Network dishes, it looks like I'm about to land a space shuttle.
It's a hell of a lot faster than dial-up but still a bit slower than hardwired setups. There's also another outfit in my area, Keyon. They provide bi-directional high speed via a convenient cell tower link. Keyon uses a little ~12" square antenna.

Wildblue is a full service provider, with email, web hosting, etc. Keyon is only the link, you have to find your own ISP. As I recall Wildblue us about $50/month for basic service. The have a couple of higher speed packages for more money but that basic seems to serve my needs. Keyon is about half the price of Wildblue.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

Yes, it's a separate satellite, signal and dish as well as a separate charge. I don't have it as we're fortunate to have decent DSL service here but, to judge from their advertising, Directv would seem to be high speed in both directions and a decent alternative if you don't have broadband internet access from either a phone company or a cable tv provider.

GK

Yes, it's a separate satellite, signal and dish as well as a separate charge. I don't have it as we're fortunate to have decent DSL service here but, to judge from their advertising, Directv would seem to be high speed in both directions and a decent alternative if you don't have broadband internet access from either a phone company or a cable tv provider.

I wanna know when we get to use this one