Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fluorescent digital printing

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by jeffdpia, Apr 18, 2019.

1. jeffdpia

jeffdpia New Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Dulles, va
    Client in need of large scale wall mural using UV fluorescent inks. Any suggestions besides why, and don't go there, are welcome.

2. Jay Grooms

Jay Grooms Printing, Printing, Printing......

Nov 20, 2018
    Burlington Wisconsin
    I would think a screenprinter would have the ability, Don't know of a machine that can print UV Fluorescent. Good Luck!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bigben

bigben Moderator

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    I've done it before, but I've printed UV+white on fluorescent vinyl. I don't think you can do the other way around. But I can be wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jeffdpia

jeffdpia New Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Dulles, va
    I did find a couple of printers so far who seem to do this on a regular basis. California and Toronto located. This is not a referral or endorsement as there are most likely other printers I'm not aware of. Just thought I'd post this for future searchers.
    https://www.gpcolor.com
    http://mvisioninc.com/

5. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    GP Color is hands down the absolute best in the business when it comes to this application!

6. Category5

Category5 New Member

Mar 4, 2019
    Orange Beach, AL
    There are some new printers available that have fluorescent inks. I’ve looked into it. The demand, so far, hasn’t justified spending $10,000+ to upgrade my shop’s capability.

7. Mascitti Bro

Mascitti Bro Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Williamstown Vt
    There's a guy ( Orange Fat Kat Media is the business name ) that does fluorescent print vinyl for race cars (not an overlay) that appears to be one of the only few that can. Just started offering it a few months ago.