• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fluorescent Orange

keeperofthecode

I'm doing my buddy's race car (dirt mod) and he wants Fluorescent orange numbers. Cut vinyl nothing fancy. Throw some numbers on it and go racing. What vinyl should I look at? I've never dealt with fluorescent colors. Thanks.

Shadowglen

All of the Fluorescent I used years back had the outdoor durability of a dragonfly. Fade out almost as fast as it was applied :Big Laugh Dirt mod cars have about the same life expectancy of sheet metal so use the cheapest you can find. :rock-n-roll:

Pro Image

Oracal will last the longest of all of them......but dont expect much more than a month or so of racing before it turns to creamsicle.......

TheSnowman

The reflective orange is pretty fluorescent. Any race driver that comes in normally settles for a printed "orange" when they leave because they don't want to pay for it though.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Hey, CS Sign Supply has the FLUOR orange you are seeking. Since it is late model dirt, I'm not sure the expense of lam is warranted. Please let me know how I may help.

Jackpine

Tim's correct... Since it is late model dirt, I'm not sure the expense of lam is warranted.

Just cut and install. FLUOR orange rated 6 months. I add charge as regular vinyl for florescent vinyl and make them pay for the entire 24"x10 yard roll with a markup and keep it for recuts. It's dirt car racing....they get beat to hell every week.

TheFlash

Oracal Economy Fluorescent Series is what I use for a job like that. I believe it is series 6510? Not positive though.