• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fluorescent vinyls with extended outdoor life?

gabagoo

Anybody know who makes an orange fluorescent that will last longer than 6 months outdoors? I am planning on printing a small black logo on the film so I will also laminate it with a cast film and wonder how much more life I can extend the product by with the lam?

CanuckSigns

Our WRI sales rep came by a few.weeks ago with a sample from 3M of a 2 mil wrap flouresent vinyl with a decent life span, I'm sure it's super expensive, but they sell by the foot

gabagoo

End of August if I order it now...who is waiting that long? Nobody I deal with!!! lol NEXT!!!

Precision

We're living in a post covid world. Shi* is out of stock and back ordered everywhere.

End of August for a less than popular color and vinyl type is pretty quick these days. Nothing is as it used to be, plus you have the post Covid pandemic excuse for most everything. Roll with it.

McDonald Signs

McDonald Signs & Graphics
I tried laminated some Oracal Cast Flourescent green vinyl one time for an outdoor sign with cast laminate.
The sign is still up and looks good 5 years later but the flourescent green did not keep it's "flourescent" green "bright" color.
It turned more of a kelly green color even with the laminate

Inks

Our WRI sales rep came by a few.weeks ago with a sample from 3M of a 2 mil wrap flouresent vinyl with a decent life span, I'm sure it's super expensive, but they sell by the

I tried laminated some Oracal Cast Flourescent green vinyl one time for an outdoor sign with cast laminate.
The sign is still up and looks good 5 years later but the flourescent green did not keep it's "flourescent" green "bright" color.
It turned more of a kelly green color even with the laminate
When real fluorescent green fades it goes very light. They must have added some organic pigment so that when the fluorescent fades there is still some green. Even with added UV inhibitors fluorescent rarely lasts more than 6 months.