• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fluorescent

joezeppii

Anybody able to print fluorescent colors? Have some race cars to wrap and didn't really want to overlay fluorescent vinyl if I didn't have to...especially on sprint car tanks.....YIKES!!!
Thanks,
Joe

CanuckSigns

Anybody able to print fluorescent colors? Have some race cars to wrap and didn't really want to overlay fluorescent vinyl if I didn't have to...especially on sprint car tanks.....YIKES!!!
Thanks,
Joe

I know it's not possible using standard eco-sol or solvent printers, i'm pretty sure it's not possible using any type of printer one would use for wraps, but i'm not 100% on that.

CS-SignSupply-TT

joezeppi, overlay fluorescent is your best short term solution. I have researched for fluor inks for printers and found an aqueous solution; but it would require a seperate printer for that specific application. Obviously, Sprint Cars are a consistent source of revenue, as long as you take good care of your customers.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Only offset printing spot colors are able to get flourescent as far as I know. Might as well bite the bullet and just overlay the bad boys, just don't design for complex curves.

Malkin

Kentucky Wraps said:
Pretty sure the Gerber Edge can do those colors...not sure how well it would conform though.

Yes, you can edge print to 180c just fine. However Gerbers fluor. colors fade out pretty fast, (about 2 months outdoor in my experience) though probly ok for race cars. Also limited to 11.7" panels.

joezeppii

Thanks everyone.....
I had an Idea of maybe printing the graphic I'm going to do, but leave the fluorescent part blank. Mask it off and spray paint that section with fluorescent paint then laminate....Thoughts?

CS-SignSupply-TT

Fluorescent spray paint

I like the idea fof spray painting the fluorescent, as long as you are spraying onto vinyl. I am not sure of the adhesion, especially after you laminate the area.