Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flurescent colored Squeegies

Discussion in 'Polls' started by raw191, Apr 11, 2007.

1. raw191

raw191 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    I don't know about you, but I have a hard time finding the white, off white, gold, etc. colored squeegies during a rush job. My day job is a mold maker at a plastic mold shop. WOuld there be any interest if I made like knock-your-eyes out green or orange colored squeegies? I also didn't know if there were already ones like this out there.

Ross

Tags:
  2. B Snyder

B Snyder Very Active Member

Jan 25, 2004
    I think if I wanted a bright colored squeegee bad enough I'd probaly just wrap the center of the squeegee with fluorescent vinyl.

3. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    No.

4. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Gold Squeegees Only ! ! !

5. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    I keep my squeegee ( sometimes two ) in my pocket at all times....unless it's in use or I'm doing laundry. A lot of times its still in the pocket then too.

6. Geary

Geary Very Active Member

I think you'd be better off just sticking to creating the right formula for the type of squeegee we already like to use. If you did THAT first, we wouldn't care if we could squeegee under a black light or not. :tongue:

Let us know when you create a good one! :thumb:

~Gear

7. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    They have bright coloured squeeges out there already

8. moondog

moondog New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Mine's also always in my back pocket.

I've seen the bright colored ones... there was a pink one in you know who's hand in one of his "videos". It was the best sqeegee in the whole world that left absolutly no bubbles, ever, and could get reflective to sick wet in -400 degrees, in the snow. Oh, wait a sec, that was his app fluid. Got confused there a for a second.

9. slappy

slappy Very Active Member

May 31, 2005
    Earth
    I had orange and purple before when i started but now i stick to gold, blue and white since i know longer know who makes the colored ones.

10. THATgirl

THATgirl Very Active Member

Sep 16, 2003
    well I am always losing my squeegies. Even when they are right in front of me. So yes your idea is a good one.

11. raw191

raw191 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    How would you all like the current available ones modified to work better? I saw the one that Fred posted, and I think it's overkill. What would be a good mod. to say the gold ones with the two ribs?

12. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    The current design employed is quite adequate, but the mat'l is maybe more important. The Gold squeegees are nylon reinforced...replicate this along with some bright colors and you've got a winner! I'd like to have some high quality ones in a vivid color or two.

The other ones that I like are the white teflon ones. I use these for digital prints and masking as they slide easy over the surface. The best one for masking is the 12" teflon one, makes wide swipes in a hurry! The gold nylon ones kinda grab a little.

13. Geary

Geary Very Active Member

That's exactly what I suggested GX! Replicate the goldies only in flourescent colors.......so.......yeah, that's your only hope bud! :thumb: Good luck!!

~Gear

14. Don't really need a colored one, just one that will let know you have Rapid Remover on it before you stick it in your mouth. The numbing is really annoying and it's hard to drink.

15. WVB

WVB Very Active Member

Feb 25, 2005
    I wouldn't pay any more for a squeegee due to color. Now if the squeegee was the same exact thing as the 3M Gold but in colors for the same or less price - sure...

16. Rich

Rich Active Member

Mar 21, 2006
    What about this idea......
    ......how about making some Squeegees (just like those 3M Gold ones) and attaching chains just like the ones they have on the pens at the bank!

.....seems I'm always misplacing those damn things!!

17. cardfan4342

cardfan4342 Member

Feb 26, 2007
    How bout one thats padded and more comfortable to sit on:tongue:

18. mountainmang

mountainmang Active Member

Apr 7, 2007
    they sent me a bunch of those pank squeegees (4 & 6 inch) and they sure do work as advertised....they hold an edge better than any i've tried :thumb:

19. moondog

moondog New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Exactly...

20. Charlie J

Charlie J Very Active Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Midwest
    make a swiss army knife with a squeegee, exacto blade, and a rivet brush