• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flurescent colored Squeegies

raw191

I don't know about you, but I have a hard time finding the white, off white, gold, etc. colored squeegies during a rush job. My day job is a mold maker at a plastic mold shop. WOuld there be any interest if I made like knock-your-eyes out green or orange colored squeegies? I also didn't know if there were already ones like this out there.

Ross

B Snyder

I think if I wanted a bright colored squeegee bad enough I'd probaly just wrap the center of the squeegee with fluorescent vinyl.

SignosaurusRex

I keep my squeegee ( sometimes two ) in my pocket at all times....unless it's in use or I'm doing laundry. A lot of times its still in the pocket then too.

Geary

I think you'd be better off just sticking to creating the right formula for the type of squeegee we already like to use. If you did THAT first, we wouldn't care if we could squeegee under a black light or not. :tongue:

Let us know when you create a good one! :thumb:

~Gear

moondog

Mine's also always in my back pocket.

I've seen the bright colored ones... there was a pink one in you know who's hand in one of his "videos". It was the best sqeegee in the whole world that left absolutly no bubbles, ever, and could get reflective to sick wet in -400 degrees, in the snow. Oh, wait a sec, that was his app fluid. Got confused there a for a second.

slappy

I had orange and purple before when i started but now i stick to gold, blue and white since i know longer know who makes the colored ones.

THATgirl

well I am always losing my squeegies. Even when they are right in front of me. So yes your idea is a good one.

raw191

How would you all like the current available ones modified to work better? I saw the one that Fred posted, and I think it's overkill. What would be a good mod. to say the gold ones with the two ribs?

ChiknNutz

The current design employed is quite adequate, but the mat'l is maybe more important. The Gold squeegees are nylon reinforced...replicate this along with some bright colors and you've got a winner! I'd like to have some high quality ones in a vivid color or two.

The other ones that I like are the white teflon ones. I use these for digital prints and masking as they slide easy over the surface. The best one for masking is the 12" teflon one, makes wide swipes in a hurry! The gold nylon ones kinda grab a little.

Geary

That's exactly what I suggested GX! Replicate the goldies only in flourescent colors.......so.......yeah, that's your only hope bud! :thumb: Good luck!!

~Gear

S

Sign-Man Signs

Don't really need a colored one, just one that will let know you have Rapid Remover on it before you stick it in your mouth. The numbing is really annoying and it's hard to drink.

WVB

I wouldn't pay any more for a squeegee due to color. Now if the squeegee was the same exact thing as the 3M Gold but in colors for the same or less price - sure...

Richard Flint

What about this idea......
......how about making some Squeegees (just like those 3M Gold ones) and attaching chains just like the ones they have on the pens at the bank!

.....seems I'm always misplacing those damn things!!

mountainmang

Mine's also always in my back pocket.

I've seen the bright colored ones... there was a pink one in you know who's hand in one of his "videos". It was the best sqeegee in the whole world that left absolutly no bubbles, ever, and could get reflective to sick wet in -400 degrees, in the snow. Oh, wait a sec, that was his app fluid. Got confused there a for a second.

they sent me a bunch of those pank squeegees (4 & 6 inch) and they sure do work as advertised....they hold an edge better than any i've tried :thumb: