• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flush pad

stoneandtle

I suppose it has to do with the frequency of the flushing. When you flush on the pad, it only spits there once for every 5 passes. When you flush on the media, it's constantly spitting on both sides of the media, which supposedly uses more ink.

It must be the way they're making the green ink compared to the rest, because it seems odd that reducing the flush to 1/5 of the cycles kills the print head. I wonder if there's something in the green ink ingredient mix that causes it to 'dry' faster with heat (i.e. during printing), causing the printhead blockage, compared to the other inks.

BPI Color

Flushing On for GS6000

I didn't see a RIP listed in your profile. So, I'll just tell you what I'm seeing in Onyx. Some materials simply cannot tolerate a full 100% green. I build my own profiles and I double check the curves data in the linearizations of new profiles and existing (canned) ones. In addition, depending on your ICCs and printing approach (think CMYK neutral imaging) the green and orange inks may not be used at all. I have also enabled ink tracking in Onyx. When I RIP a print file, I see which inks are being used and how much of each. Sometimes, green and orange are not used at all. Most of the time, green is only minimally employed.

BPI Color

It must be the way they're making the green ink compared to the rest, because it seems odd that reducing the flush to 1/5 of the cycles kills the print head. I wonder if there's something in the green ink ingredient mix that causes it to 'dry' faster with heat (i.e. during printing), causing the printhead blockage, compared to the other inks.

Hi Stoneandtle, please excuse the double-post. I messed up on my initial reply.
I didn't see a RIP listed in your profile. So, I'll just tell you what I'm seeing in Onyx. Some materials simply cannot tolerate a full 100% green. I build my own profiles and I double check the curves data in the linearizations of new profiles and existing (canned) ones. In addition, depending on your ICCs and printing approach (think CMYK neutral imaging) the green and orange inks may not be used at all. I have also enabled ink tracking in Onyx. When I RIP a print file, I see which inks are being used and how much of each. Sometimes, green and orange are not used at all. Most of the time, green is only minimally employed.

stoneandtle

Hi Stoneandtle, please excuse the double-post. I messed up on my initial reply.

I'm not the originator of this thread.

I'm using Wasatch, and I haven't had any problems with green or orange or the heads in the printer. But, this topic has me wondering if I'll run into any problems down the road.

I thought the flush would take care of making sure that the green and orange inks were run through the jets whether it be on the flush pad or the sides of the material...?

BPI Color

I'm not the originator of this thread.

I'm using Wasatch, and I haven't had any problems with green or orange or the heads in the printer. But, this topic has me wondering if I'll run into any problems down the road.

I thought the flush would take care of making sure that the green and orange inks were run through the jets whether it be on the flush pad or the sides of the material...?
Well, duh on my part. You have Wasatch listed in your signature. As for any problems looming from your use of green ink - that's really going to depend on how much green you're using on a continual basis. Can you track the use of your ink with Wasatch?

boxerbay

orange and green usage depends on your RIP and profile. we use colorburst and back when the GS6000 first came out most profiles were made for 6 color rips and they tried to reuse those for the 8 color. colorburst has since gone through about 4 version updates and has since resolved the low green and orange usage. not sure about wasatch (hated it on my seiko64s) or onyx.