• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Flush solution for an OCE Arizona 550 XT

Milo Wilson

Trying to get a source for flush solution on our 550XT. Is the flush used on the surface on the head also? Anyone have any sources in the Southern California area?

Bly

Hello. Never !!!! use flush on printheads. Flush damaged toshiba printheads. Only alcohol. Ethanol or isopropyl.

I'm not sure where you got that info but our techs recommend flush to swab heads.
Alcohol only to clear stubborn nozzles.
We've been using it for years with no problems.

Deymos1981

I'm not sure where you got that info but our techs recommend flush to swab heads.
Alcohol only to clear stubborn nozzles.
We've been using it for years with no problems.

During the first year of work on the OCE and the use of the original flush, I have 9 !!! damaged printheads. For 8 years of using alcohol - only 3

Bly

Wow. Flush is supposed to be the ink carrier without pigment so not sure how that could happen.
The manual does say to use either iso or flush.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Wow. Flush is supposed to be the ink carrier without pigment so not sure how that could happen.

I seem to remember them coming out with a bulletin saying to only use alcohol on a regular basis, and flush for stubborn nozzles. I'll see if I can dig it up.

AlsEU

But the manual says also, that when you use the flush for cleaning, then you have to use dry swabs to remove the flush from certain places around the nozzle plates. Flush may damage the internal gasket in the head.

Bly

We normally clean around the edges with iso on some cheap swabs to get rid of any residue after swabbing with flush.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I seem to remember them coming out with a bulletin saying to only use alcohol on a regular basis, and flush for stubborn nozzles. I'll see if I can dig it up.

This +1
i have read the same bulletin and also been told by my techs.

But i also have been told by the same people the flush is basically the ink with out pigments.