• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flushing 3rd party ink out on my system

autoexebat

Since I now have the cyan overspray I have concluded my heard is bad , I refuse to put any 3rd party inks in my new head ( once I replace it ) So how do I go about getting rid of all the ink from my system so I can start fresh with new Roland OEM inks ?

Joe House

I usually do a head wash - either from the control panel or manually with a syringe. You'll need cleaning cartridges and foam dummy cartridges to do this. Then after you get cleaning fluid coming through all channels, replace the head and dampers, then ink up with the OEM inks.

Good Luck

autoexebat

Sounds like a nightmare , What if I just start using OEM now and change the head in a month ? that way the new ink will be through the system ?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks , I will be contacting you about the new head when I am ready . Is there a guide of how to do this ? I dont have the dummy cartridges .

Unfortunately I haven't done it on that model but it should be in the tech manual. I might have it in my collection. I'll take a look and let you know. Thanks!