Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flushing 3rd party ink out on my system

Discussion in 'Roland' started by autoexebat, Feb 9, 2020.

1. autoexebat

autoexebat Active Member

Apr 15, 2010
    USA
    Since I now have the cyan overspray I have concluded my heard is bad , I refuse to put any 3rd party inks in my new head ( once I replace it ) So how do I go about getting rid of all the ink from my system so I can start fresh with new Roland OEM inks ?

Tags:
  2. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    I usually do a head wash - either from the control panel or manually with a syringe. You'll need cleaning cartridges and foam dummy cartridges to do this. Then after you get cleaning fluid coming through all channels, replace the head and dampers, then ink up with the OEM inks.

Good Luck

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. autoexebat

autoexebat Active Member

Apr 15, 2010
    USA
    Sounds like a nightmare , What if I just start using OEM now and change the head in a month ? that way the new ink will be through the system ?

4. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    May cause you more problems, those inks may not be compatible and cause way more damage!

5. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    A head wash like Joe HouseJoe House mentioned is the only way to be 100% sure. If you don't, any time you have issues you will wonder, should I have flushed?

6. autoexebat

autoexebat Active Member

Apr 15, 2010
    USA
    Thanks , I will be contacting you about the new head when I am ready . Is there a guide of how to do this ? I dont have the dummy cartridges .

7. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Unfortunately I haven't done it on that model but it should be in the tech manual. I might have it in my collection. I'll take a look and let you know. Thanks!

8. autoexebat

autoexebat Active Member

Apr 15, 2010
    USA
    Thanks , I just want to make sure that when I buy the head from you I do it right.