• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flushing Cartridges / How To?

dtdm

I am very new to a mutoh falcon. I need to flush my yellow line, it got a bit cross contaminated and black backed up into the damper.
How do I go about flushing 1 line? Is it possible? I have 2 new cleaning cartridges. Could someone guide me through the process? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

AUTO-FX

Well, if you dont want to manually clean out the damper and manually flush the line with a syringe, here is the sequence for cleaning cartridge. if i remember right, here's how it goes-
press menu 5x
press enter button
press menu 3x
press "value-" button
press enter
then it will ask you to remove the color cartridge and install the cleaning cart
then it will perform the wash

probably should empty your waste bottle before and after

dtdm

unfortunately I do not have a syringe. Have ordered one. I just got the printer last week.

Are you able to flush only one color? Or do you need to load all 6 cleaning cartridges?

Where do you purchase syringes/supplies? I am unable to find the section on signwarehouses lovely site...

dtdm

I am going through wash machine. I get to the point where it says remove cartridge. I removed my yellow and replaced it with the cleaning cartridge. However It still says remove cartridge?

Bradster941

You do all colors at the same time. ( you can't just do 1 color )

Why, though, do you feel you need to do this cleaning?

dtdm

I have some bad cross contamination in my yellow damper... And I have no syringe on hand to pull it that way.... I might be stuck until I can get a syringe this week.
I keep trying to print 3"x3" yellow squares to get the black out.

Bradster941

You will need to print much larger blocks than that to use up that much ink.

Any pharmacy such as Walgreen's, CVS, or Walmart should have a syringe or local vet..