Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flushing Cartridges / How To?

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by dtdm, Mar 13, 2011.

1. dtdm

dtdm Member

Mar 7, 2011
    I am very new to a mutoh falcon. I need to flush my yellow line, it got a bit cross contaminated and black backed up into the damper.
    How do I go about flushing 1 line? Is it possible? I have 2 new cleaning cartridges. Could someone guide me through the process? Thanks in advance

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
    Tags:
  2. AUTO-FX

AUTO-FX Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Well, if you dont want to manually clean out the damper and manually flush the line with a syringe, here is the sequence for cleaning cartridge. if i remember right, here's how it goes-
    press menu 5x
    press enter button
    press menu 3x
    press "value-" button
    press enter
    then it will ask you to remove the color cartridge and install the cleaning cart
    then it will perform the wash

probably should empty your waste bottle before and after

3. dtdm

dtdm Member

Mar 7, 2011
    unfortunately I do not have a syringe. Have ordered one. I just got the printer last week.

Are you able to flush only one color? Or do you need to load all 6 cleaning cartridges?

Where do you purchase syringes/supplies? I am unable to find the section on signwarehouses lovely site...

4. dtdm

dtdm Member

Mar 7, 2011
    I am going through wash machine. I get to the point where it says remove cartridge. I removed my yellow and replaced it with the cleaning cartridge. However It still says remove cartridge?

5. Bradster941

Bradster941 Very Active Member

Sep 5, 2005
    You do all colors at the same time. ( you can't just do 1 color )

Why, though, do you feel you need to do this cleaning?

6. dtdm

dtdm Member

Mar 7, 2011
    I have some bad cross contamination in my yellow damper... And I have no syringe on hand to pull it that way.... I might be stuck until I can get a syringe this week.
    I keep trying to print 3"x3" yellow squares to get the black out.

7. Bradster941

Bradster941 Very Active Member

Sep 5, 2005
    You will need to print much larger blocks than that to use up that much ink.

Any pharmacy such as Walgreen's, CVS, or Walmart should have a syringe or local vet..