• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flushing fluid for CJ500 ???

Vinylman

I have a Roland CJ500 that I am converting to eco solvent ink.

Does anyone know what the flushing solution that Roland sells is made of?

Is it just a glorified distilled water? or are there some specific chemicals that are used to REALLY clean the ink lines and heads WITHOUT screwing up the parts?

Has anyone come up with a Reliable method of cleaning out the dampers, ink lines and heads that will NOT destroy the parts in the process?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also anyone who has successfully completed this conversion, I would appreciate any leads on where to get parts or advise. I will be documenting my adventure to help others if this works out.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i have converted 3 FJ 50's and 1 CJ 500, here is how i do it.

i hope/assume your switching to bulk ink and have the empty cartridges.

take the carts out of the machine.
take the lines off the dampers.
fill one empty bulk cart with hot water and place it in one of the slots.
take the line that you removed from the damper, the one the now has the hot water in it and place a syringe in/to the line and draw out the ink until the line is clear.
repeat 5 more times to the next lines.
now, i use ink from china,. supercf.com, so i use the cleaning solution for them.
i repeat the same steps with solvent cleaning solution.
now your machine is clean.
i have cleaned the dampers in the same way, water, then solution, but i wouldn't recommend it. get new dampers.
the heads are tricky, you need to flush them with how water then solution, but i only use the heads to fill the unit and get it started printing, then i replace them, you can get heads for that machine for less thant $100 each.
so, put new dampers on, put the cleaned heads in, fill the carts with ink, goto the service menu and hit fill ink.

also replace the capping station (less than $100)
the pump will work for a little while, but you will need to replace that (less than $100)
dampers i have purchased for $12 each

start printing eco solvent!

reason for the solvent cleaning solution before the inks go in, is to remove any water from the lines and coat them with solvent solution.
reason for using the old heads just until the machine works - just to break in the system from water based to solvent based, i have had the heads work for a few months after switching, but they generally don't last.

Vinylman

Dave:

Thanks so much for the response.

Where do you get the heads and parts at such reasonable prices/

Could you PM me with a phone number? I would like to talk to you personally. thanks, Bob

ddarlak

Go Bills!
http://www.techwaytechnology.com/first.html

http://www.robearle.com

for the heads - call Roxanne, (845)469-4800 extention 2314 (National Parts Depot)
these heads are the epson 3000 that will work on the FJ50/52 and CJ500 series (ask for part number F055030, they might replace it with part number F055090 - this is OK)

the first place is outta china, shipping is high, but if you bundle a bunch of parts its not bad. the last two places are USA shipped, so there not bad..

Last edited: