• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FML.Waves in print after new head change

JLSignsLLC

3 year old machine gets run everyday. Just had the head replaced on my mutoh VJ 1614 less than a month ago. Everything was fine. Colors looked great. Just started to not want to smash it wish a 20lb maul. Now I am starting to see serious waves in print with a scratch look over the waves. Conducted all test. Nozzle test ok, page feed adjust ok. all parameters to the T. Changed Heater setting up down, completely off. Tried three different brands of vinyl. Everything has been looked over twice. No where left to turn. One thing we did notice is when we set the weaving effect in default job properties to super fine, we are seeing less of the wave and scratch look but it is still very present. Just when you think your are about to see the light another dark cloud appears. Anyone have this issue? Here is a pic of what it is doing:

Attachments

• 1zwdhs9.jpg
    1zwdhs9.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Did the printer print solid blues correctly in the past, If so are you sure that the print head is inserted or calibrated correctly?

JLSignsLLC

Before the head change it was printing almost the same wave without the scratch streaks across the wave. Head was changed along with the maintenance station. Printed fine for about 1 week now back worse than before.

Jack Knight1979

Weird question.

Does this problem come and go. My machines usually give me a trouble in the early spring and early fall. Sudden temp and pressure changes drive me insane.

JLSignsLLC

Done with Mutoh..Going to sell this lemon after this problem is fixes. This is not the first or second issue we have had with this 1614. DONE!