• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Foam Board Project Pricing

sdnj

I just want to see if I am in the ball park of what others would charge.

Have about 15-20 foam board signs to make.

Details:

Black foam board (nothing expensive) with 1mm white PVC mounted (with double sided tape) to it leaving a 1 inch black frame reveal around it.

The 1mm PVC will have a vinyl laminated print on it. They are supplying me all the print ready artwork and handling the installation. I only have to make and deliver.

Sizes 30x20, 50x10, 28x50 for starters............ so a bit of work.

Look forward to your responses.

sdnj

There are so many variables there.

You asking other people to come up with a price based on that vague description is even worse than a potential customer asking....

Whats vague about it? What did I leave out other than the type of vinyl I am printing on... intermediate air release for flat surfaces.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Whats vague about it? What did I leave out other than the type of vinyl I am printing on... intermediate air release for flat surfaces.

YOU.... want a quote based on partial information with no regards for how many of each size, your costs, your overhead, your timeframe or any other facts needed in making a quote. You don't wanna post up what you are figuring on going in at, but you cop an attitude when we ask for more information. Heck, you even said about 15 to 20. Well, which is it ??

Other than some ridiculous numbers which will be useless to you, you'll receive help on how to obtain your own pricing, but you need to tell us a great deal more about your and your business in order to do your quoting for you.

If I were to guess, I'd be between $6.45 and $12.38 for the big ones and around buck $2.89 for the smaller ones. This should give you enough to go on for now, until you get us some more information. Hope it helps.... :smile:

sdnj

YOU.... want a quote based on partial information with no regards for how many of each size, your costs, your overhead, your timeframe or any other facts needed in making a quote. You don;t wanna post up what yu are figuring on going in at, but you cop an attitude when we ask for more information. Heck, you even said about 15 to 20. Well, which is it ??

Other than some ridiculous numbers which will be useless to you, you'll receieve help on how to obtain your own pricing, but you need to tell us a great deal more about your and your business in order to do your quoting for you.

If I were to guess, I'd be between $6.45 and $12.38 for the big ones and around buck $2.89 for the smaller ones. This should give you enough to go on for now, until you get us some more information. Hope it helps.... :smile:

I'm not copping an attitude. I just wanted to see if I was in the same range of what others would charge for similar work. Isn't that helpful for everyone in the industry and what this message board is about?

More info on the work: 86 sq ft of foam board, 1mm PVC, Intermediate Air Release Vinyl and Oracal 210 Lam will be used. That is also the amount sq ft of printing that will be done. The correct number of signs is actually 12 that will be made - for now. All cut to different sizes with the PVC mounted to it leaving a 1 inch black frame reveal. We get foam board and PVC in 8x4 sheets.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not copping an attitude. I just wanted to see if I was in the same range of what others would charge for similar work. Isn't that helpful for everyone in the industry and what this message board is about?

More info on the work: 86 sq ft of foam board, 1mm PVC, Intermediate Air Release Vinyl and Oracal 210 Lam will be used. That is also the amount sq ft of printing that will be done. The correct number of signs is actually 12 that will be made - for now. All cut to different sizes with the PVC mounted to it leaving a 1 inch black frame reveal. We get foam board and PVC in 8x4 sheets.

Maybe it was or wasn't an attitude, but it sounded like one..... not to mention.... three posts and you still don't come up with your pricing. Why not ??

It's a lot easier for anyone on this side of the fence to know what your costs are, your expenses, overhead and time, let alone the actual order itself [which you kinda now posted] and figure if your costs fit your pricing. Just throwing out numbers won't get anyone anything no matter how much you want this to sound like a helpful place. You want pricing on a custom order, so how will that benefit anyone other than you. I mean let's be realistic. Nothing wrong with trying to help your fellow sign people, but when is someone else gonna get this kinda order ?? Probably never to maybe...... once. So, rather than everyone figuring out a quote based on ALL of their indivual needs, overheads, costs, labor taxes, employees and whatnot, it's far easier to use your numbers and we'll crunch them for ya if you can't do it. Capisch ??

sdnj

Maybe it was or wasn't an attitude, but it sounded like one..... not to mention.... three posts and you still don't come up with your pricing. Why not ??

It's a lot easier for anyone on this side of the fence to know what your costs are, your expenses, overhead and time, let alone the actual order itself [which you kinda now posted] and figure if your costs fit your pricing. Just throwing out numbers won't get anyone anything no matter how much you want this to sound like a helpful place. You want pricing on a custom order, so how will that benefit anyone other than you. I mean let's be realistic. Nothing wrong with trying to help your fellow sign people, but when is someone else gonna get this kinda order ?? Probably never to maybe...... once. So, rather than everyone figuring out a quote based on ALL of their indivual needs, overheads, costs, labor taxes, employees and whatnot, it's far easier to use your numbers and we'll crunch them for ya if you can't do it. Capisch ??

I capisce. I was going to reveal my prices after seeing some others... I just thought maybe I could get some ideas without having to detail all the costs on my end.

I guess what makes the order kind of out of the norm is the 1mm PVC being mounted on black foam board with the 1 inch reveal. It does look nice but I kind of wish they didn't want that, being it makes it heavier for them to figure how to mount on their walls. But it's what they got in the past and they want to match it...

Biker Scout

How much do you want to make on the job? Then just backwards figure out some bogus numbers per sign that totals your desired amount. I'd want at least $600 for the trouble.

sdnj

How much do you want to make on the job? Then just backwards figure out some bogus numbers per sign that totals your desired amount. I'd want at least $600 for the trouble.

My estimate is a little over double that :/

Did you consider the labor involved and all the measuring and cutting?

Biker Scout

I said, "How much I wanted to make" meaning money in MY pocket. Materials and overhead are always figured in and upcharged accordingly.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I capisce. I was going to reveal my prices after seeing some others... I just thought maybe I could get some ideas without having to detail all the costs on my end.

I guess what makes the order kind of out of the norm is the 1mm PVC being mounted on black foam board with the 1 inch reveal. It does look nice but I kind of wish they didn't want that, being it makes it heavier for them to figure how to mount on their walls. But it's what they got in the past and they want to match it...

We all have those customers which do things kinda stoopidly or bassackwards, but we charge accordingly.

Anyway, you had to figure all of this out to quote in the first place, so why not share it up with the rest of us, instead of making everyone jump through hoops ??

Again, your requiremetns would not be enough for me to give a full accurate quote, because although I know the sqaure footage of some things, I don't know how far into a sheet you need to go for however many pieces are to be around that 50". Those are the deal breakers. If your number of 86 sq ft includes your waste, then it's possible, but..... I don't know for sure. Going by what you have so far, we'd be around $1,200 to $1,400 mark for all total. However, I don't know if their designs are gonna be rip ready. That could add some change to the bottom line, too.

Anyhow, what we get vs. what Tom Blow gets is kinda irrelevant for you as our overhead might be different, expenses, equipment, method and so many other things. We'd flatbed print directly to the PVC eliminating the vinyl and lam cost right there. We have a 51" wide double sided tape we'd lam right onto the back of the PVC, so that entire order could be finished within two hours for us using our 126" cutter with only material and a little ink cost plus our overhead.