Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foam Core Board Hanger?

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Sashatronics, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Sashatronics

Sashatronics Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Hey anyone have suggestion how to hang 1/2 inch foam board.
    I printed and mounted few images on 1/2 inch foam board 2'x4' feet and looking for the hangers so i can hang it to the wall.
    What you use? please recommend.
    Thanks

Tags:
  2. Sign Eagle

Sign Eagle Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Why not to use double face tape or velcro?

3. qmr55

qmr55 Very Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Yardville NJ
    Double sided tape!

4. Sashatronics

Sashatronics Member

Apr 15, 2007
    will it hold? dont really want to ruin edges or print when it falls from the wall..

5. DigitalSolutions

DigitalSolutions Member

May 23, 2011
    i recently just did a job like this and used standard saw tooth style picture frame hangers in the 4 corners like a french cleat using just a short finish nail to hold in the back and a sheet rock screw and anchor for the wall side. Seams to be holing up fine, but it is also above arms reach in a low traffic area.

6. Sign Eagle

Sign Eagle Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Use foam type double face tape. For a sheet that size a stripe 2-4" long in the 4 corners would be more than enough. Should it need to come down you can cut the foam in the tape with a length string tied to 2 pencils and saw thru the tape.

7. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    Velcro

8. qmr55

qmr55 Very Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Yardville NJ
    1/2" foam board, 2x4 ft yeah it should hold no problem.

Buy the good stuff though, don't cheap out.

As suggested above, velcro will work as well...but I don't see any problem using double sided tape! It is cheaper and can get more out of it!

9. southernsignguy

southernsignguy New Member

Mar 7, 2010
  10. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    put finish nails in wall leaving less than board thickness protruding, push foamcore onto them. Maybe even a dab of silicone.

11. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    i usually use foam tape and silicone but I've also used velcro secured with staples.

12. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    I'm assuming that you're looking for a removable solution. I've hung full 4' x 8' sheets with 3M Command Adhesive tabs and I've never had a failure. Fold the pull tab under when you install them so it won't show....it makes it a little bit of a pain to get the out to release the tab later but it's not that big a deal.