• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Foam Core Board Hanger?

Sashatronics

Hey anyone have suggestion how to hang 1/2 inch foam board.
I printed and mounted few images on 1/2 inch foam board 2'x4' feet and looking for the hangers so i can hang it to the wall.
What you use? please recommend.
Thanks

i recently just did a job like this and used standard saw tooth style picture frame hangers in the 4 corners like a french cleat using just a short finish nail to hold in the back and a sheet rock screw and anchor for the wall side. Seams to be holing up fine, but it is also above arms reach in a low traffic area.

Sign Eagle

Use foam type double face tape. For a sheet that size a stripe 2-4" long in the 4 corners would be more than enough. Should it need to come down you can cut the foam in the tape with a length string tied to 2 pencils and saw thru the tape.

qmr55

will it hold? dont really want to ruin edges or print when it falls from the wall..

1/2" foam board, 2x4 ft yeah it should hold no problem.

Buy the good stuff though, don't cheap out.

As suggested above, velcro will work as well...but I don't see any problem using double sided tape! It is cheaper and can get more out of it!

d fleming

put finish nails in wall leaving less than board thickness protruding, push foamcore onto them. Maybe even a dab of silicone.

Pat Whatley

I'm assuming that you're looking for a removable solution. I've hung full 4' x 8' sheets with 3M Command Adhesive tabs and I've never had a failure. Fold the pull tab under when you install them so it won't show....it makes it a little bit of a pain to get the out to release the tab later but it's not that big a deal.