• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Foam Letters on Stucco

Bresnik

So we are having some aluminum letters fabricated for a building but the city needs our client to get a building number up right away... So we are having some "temporary" foam letters made and we are looking for a way to mount these without drilling or using silicone. The foam letters will only be up for two weeks and my question is... Could we mount these using only VHB tape? Will it hold for roughly two weeks?

Pat Whatley

VHB tape is going to be a bitch to remove after a couple of weeks in the heat. Use the 3M command adhesive removable tape tabs, they'll hold just fine and remove from the wall and the lettering without leaving a mark.

OhioSignShop

I'd use a small "raceway" to hold the numbers and apply the raceway with a strip of hook and loop 1" wide, heavy, cut to the width of the raceway. If you want, paint the raceway the color of the building and it will blend away. Whole thing could be Made out of Gatorboard or PVC (Sintra)

MKREATIONS

we are installing some foam letters and we are using a pattern i need help how can i install them they will be permanent.

MikePro

:thread
welcome to s101

VHB tape can be just as permanent as your foam letters will be
stud mounting recommended for anything with a bit of weight to it.