• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Foam Standoff

dman0427

can you give more details, maybe a photo?
When I hear Standoffs I think of the metal spacer type pieces that hold a flat sign off the wall.

Foam standoffs... I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to.
We use foam spacers when installing Foam letters sometimes when the customer wants them to stand off from the wall a little.

dman0427

Thats usually what we do... make our own out of scrap. We'll cut little blocks for spacers. Or cylinders...

Here's an example. This is painted gatorfoam with spacers. When the letters get small, the spacers get hard to hide. We make sure the customer understands that before the installation.

picture.php

gnemmas

That is a good looking job. Other than spacers, was there a layer of vinyl letter under the foam letters?

dman0427

Thanks.

There was nothing under the letters aside from the spacers & the wallpaper.

They had track lights over head that did cast a nice drop shadow.

Track lighting makes interior sign letters pop soooo much more.

picture.php

Sandman

Gemini Inc. makes spacers out of aluminum for their letters that will work. They make several different lengths. They are really great for small letters as the diameter of the tube isn't very big.