• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Foamy ink in damper-need o-rings. (falcon outdoor jr.)

Signsfactory1

Hello everyone!!

So I have been having problems with my falcon outdoor jr. The blue ink stopped coming out completely. I opened it up and found I need to replace the o- rings so I ordered the 2mm ones. At first they seemed to fit fine but when I started printing there was still air coming through to the damper. So my question is what size o rings do I need fro the ink line and also for the damper. I will post pictures soon!!!
Thanks !!!

Signsfactory1

Here are the pictures hopefully it helps!!

Thanks Again

Attachments

• Printer-001.jpg
    Printer-001.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Printer-002.jpg
    Printer-002.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 85

NZDR-Payne

I'm not very familiar with the Falcon Outdoor Jr. but I know with some of the newer machines the O-rings closer to the ink supply station (where the carts plug in) are 3mm and then these change to 2mm at the junctions closer to the dampers. It may, or may not, be the same for this machine.

Signsfactory1

Umm yes I did buy the o-rings from the same place I saw the dampers but like I said they are too big. They still leave a small gap where the air come in through..

and as for the 3mm o-rings I believe in this machine the ones that connect to the damper are actually smaller..

Yeah these o-rings look as though they would be universal but I still have air going to the ink. If I pull the ink directly from the ink line there are no air bubbles. Then I connect the ink line and pull ink out from the damper line and I get air bubbles so the problem is there but getting an air sealed connection is becoming complicated...

Thanks for all the help I appreciate it !!!!:thankyou:

sfr table hockey

In a pinch you might be able to use the drain line tube to make an o-ring or pump tube.

If the tube will just fit over the ink line cut off a thin piece of the tube about 1/16 to 1/8 (as even as you can) and then slide that slice of the tube in place of the o-ring. May not last long but can get you going.