• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Foil mismatch error! Help??

MCV

I have a particular print that I am using just 2 spot colors black and atomic red and clear to allow the vinyl to show through. When I send the print the FX is giving me a foil mismatch error. Also when I send the print from GSPplot I get a mismatched material/foil types. I am totally lost I resent the vinyl several times re-did all the colors and still no luck. I am sure I am missing something but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vince

MCV

The display on the FX is saying foil mismatch when I put in the first foil (black), but I will give this option a try because I have tried just about everything else. Thanks.

Tony Teveris

FYI - the "mismatch" message is caused by a foil/vinyl combo not having valid firing info.
Firing info is the heat, pressure, etc to print the given foil on the given vinyl. In your design if the given foil color you selects does not have a qualified Gerber "firing" setting you will get the message. As Fred asked, what is your vinyl setting and are you using a Gerber Black. You can fool the system by picking a vinyl where Black and Atomic Red is valid.

i know this is a real old thread, however.......i'm having major issues with a foil. i'm using the matte clear, now before i reloaded omega(just done it a few days ago after i reformatted my hardrive, i could use it with the uv guard foil color. now...the uv guard choice is no longer there and no matter what i do, change the color, try to substitue colors, material colors, heat setting etc.....it always comes back with mismatched foil type!!! its driving me insane....

i print stuff and want to use this as an overlaminate type thing.....it just will not let me do it if i choose any other color/foil......

i choose matte clear foil as thats what i have and it just says mismatched foil............

i have gone and updated omega via the website in the hopes the uvguard foil would appear but it didn't.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Do any of these foils appear in the GspPlot > 123 Print Options > Backing/Finish? That's where I usually apply them from.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 130
  • backing.jpg
    backing.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 155
the abrasion guard and matte do.....however the uvguard does not. i had it on my foil list untill i reinstalled omega, like i said i even did the updates from gerber just now.

i did try and apply the matte clear that way fred, but again,mismatch foil message. it also comes up with the message about do i want to use it as a process foil or something yes no cancel etc

ok, no worries. thing is if i phone up gerber, as soon as i tell them i have 2.1 they flatly refuse to talk to me as they no longer support it!!

Tony Teveris

2.1 why you cheap .....

No, no, if it works then stay with it. Now for the problem. Have you ever downloaded a Material Update instal. From time to time we issue new / updated material/foil firings, new foils and materials and a Gerber ColorId database. So since your on 2.1 I know there have been a bunch of Material Updates and you should be able to find them on the Gerber web site.

helllpppp!! i just did an update but must have downloaded the wrong update!! now when i go to gspplot...i get an error saying>>

appname:gspplot.exe appver:2.1.0.41 modname: g32clrid.dll
modver: 2.1.0.161 offset: 0000ff3e

and then gspplot shuts down so now i can't print anything!!! ............... this is really getting on my nerves!

i have no idea how to delete the update so its back to what it was...i tried a system restore but the update is still there(it updated some foils etc, but not the uvguard one i need!!).....

anyone have any idea how i can now fix this!.......................please!

ok, just reinstalled omega........so if anyone can tell me how to get the uvguard profile/foil setting please, please let me know! i really need that again.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Have you installed all available maintenance upgrades for version 2 at the GSP website as well as the free upgrade to version 2.1?

i have 2.1, but i'm now afraid which ones to download! i did download two updates last night but all i want is the uvguard foil...non of those 2 updates had this. i have no idea how i got it in the first place as i never did do any updates to omega via gerber!.............strange!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
One other question ... Have you updated anything else recently such as your Windows OS and what OS are you running?

Tony Teveris

In your case (having 2.1) I would ONLY download the Material Updates assigned to 2.1. There is one with a download file "OMEGA_MU_APR06.zip"