• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Foil - Patch Problems ? ? ?

Replicator

I have discovered that when making a single print image as seen in diagram 1 below that if
I make a colored box before the print, I will likely get less spottiness in the
image then if I don't have the colored box before the image.

Has anyone figured out a trick when doing images in decal mode as seen in figure 2, I have been told that it is the foils I use, but I have found that it happens with all manufacturers foils, Gerber, Zero-nine, Etc , , , . . .

ANY INPUT or EXPERIENCE WITH THIS ? ? ?

Attachments

• ger1.jpg
    ger1.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 124
  • ger2.jpg
    ger2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 105

Gene@mpls

This is a known problem and a lot of people use the same fix. You might
try registering at 4edgetalk.com and doing a search. They are suffering
the same website invasions as this forum- so it may take a day to register-
but it will be worthwhile. Gene

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have discovered that when making a single print image as seen in diagram 1 below that if
I make a colored box before the print, I will likely get less spottiness in the
image then if I don't have the colored box before the image.

Has anyone figured out a trick when doing images in decal mode as seen in figure 2, I have been told that it is the foils I use, but I have found that it happens with all manufacturers foils, Gerber, Zero-nine, Etc , , , . . .

ANY INPUT or EXPERIENCE WITH THIS ? ? ?

i've been running a 11.8" x 3" throwaway print first thing each day since about a month after I got my Edge in 1998. I look at it the same as having to stretch when I get out of bed in the morning.

It's just the way it is.