Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FOLD-ABLE OR ROLL-ABLE RIDGED SUBSTRATE FOR SITE SIGN

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by Andy D, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    This will probable sound ridiculous..
    But I have been looking for a way to supply our clients from other parts of the states
    with a profession site sign & not get killed with shipping.
    Is there a substrate (not banner) that will roll up fairly tightly, or fold, be outdoor & impact durable, ridged.
    I was hoping there was some type of "system" of ridged material, that's made to break down.
    Any ideas will be appreciated.

Tags:
  2. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    First thing comes to mind is polycarbonate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    Thin Styrene.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    I was thinking polystyrene too, but it doesn't do well out doors, does it?
    Plus, I don't think the thin stuff wouldn't lay flat, but the thicker stuff would.... I think.

The problem with poly-carbonate is it's cost prohibitive (unless you have a real cheap source)

5. GB2

GB2 Very Active Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Connecticut, USA
    What do you mean by "professional site sign"....what size are you talking about ...and what are you using now? I don't know if 10mm coroplast fits that description but you can make a 4'x8' sign and slit it on one side to get it to fold up fairly compactly, then unfold it and hold it open with some 3/8" rod in the flutes. That actually makes a nice "system" and if were a smaller size then the 3/8" rod would also stake it into the ground.

• I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  6. 2CT Media

2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Look in to Mapal, they make a outdoor durable polystyrene replacement called polycraft.

7. Jester1167

Jester1167 Very Active Member

A banner.... I've had people ship me 4 xx 8 banners and ask that I put up the post and plywood and screw it on.

I breezed through all the responses, but every suggestion I saw would need something rigid behind it for wind support, so lets go all the way. A banner would be the cheapest product you could print, ship, and installation would be easy as well...