• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Folding Alupanel

Jb1983

Hi,

so im hoping to start folding aluminum composite panels, what basic tools do I need to do this?
Is there any good guides I can find online?

I have a job coming up that ive sourced out the channel letters for and im planning on making the backer panels myself, id like to use alupanel and fold the edges to create a box.

Martin Denton

When we first started we used a hand held router mounted onto guides with a tool specific for folding. This was a v bit with the bottom squared off to leave a 3 mm flat edge. Worked fine until we bought our CNC router. It is important to make sure you have good depth control on the router so it can’t go through the substrate. Festool routers whilst expensive are without a doubt the best

Jb1983

When we first started we used a hand held router mounted onto guides with a tool specific for folding. This was a v bit with the bottom squared off to leave a 3 mm flat edge. Worked fine until we bought our CNC router. It is important to make sure you have good depth control on the router so it can’t go through the substrate. Festool routers whilst expensive are without a doubt the best

Thanks, this is what I was thinking. Where did you find the guides?

Martin Denton

Thanks, this is what I was thinking. Where did you find the guides?
We bought Festool guides and router. Bought a 8ft and 4ft guide with clamps to join together for 10 ft panels also Geko clamps which are great for holding the guide to the substrate