Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Folding Alupanel

Discussion in 'Dimensional Signs' started by Jb1983, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Jb1983

Jb1983 Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Vancouver island
    Hi,

so im hoping to start folding aluminum composite panels, what basic tools do I need to do this?
    Is there any good guides I can find online?

I have a job coming up that ive sourced out the channel letters for and im planning on making the backer panels myself, id like to use alupanel and fold the edges to create a box.

Tags:
  2. Martin Denton

Martin Denton Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Manchester, UK
    When we first started we used a hand held router mounted onto guides with a tool specific for folding. This was a v bit with the bottom squared off to leave a 3 mm flat edge. Worked fine until we bought our CNC router. It is important to make sure you have good depth control on the router so it can’t go through the substrate. Festool routers whilst expensive are without a doubt the best

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jb1983

Jb1983 Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Vancouver island
    Thanks, this is what I was thinking. Where did you find the guides?

4. Martin Denton

Martin Denton Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Manchester, UK
    We bought Festool guides and router. Bought a 8ft and 4ft guide with clamps to join together for 10 ft panels also Geko clamps which are great for holding the guide to the substrate

5. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777

works great

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1