• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Annoyance

Ariala

Hoarder of All Things Graphic
Hey everyone! Me again. Okay. I know that I'm probably going to facepalm once you guys and gals help me, buuuuut....I can't find this freaking font anywhere!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Ariala

:O Are you kidding me? I've spent (collectively) 6 days looking for this font. You're a freaking genius! Thank you so much!

Ariala

Alright... So, I found the font and did all the happy jazz that comes with trying to use a new font.. Once I got it typed up and near the original artwork, it didn't match. There were elements that did, but others that didn't. The "O" for example is too narrow in comparison to the sent image.

Any other ideas? I'm still keeping the fonts though. xD One can never have too many fonts in their library.

These are some Futura alternatives that you could try...

Gibson (Bold Italic)
GT Walsheim (Black Oblique Bold)
Montreal-Serial-Heavy (RegularItalic Bold)
Samo Sans Pro (Ultra Italic Bold)
Graphik (Black Italic)
Bemio Italic (Regular)
Mundo Sans Pro (Black Italic)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
After about two minutes using Futura Extra Bold, this looks kinda close. A few little tweaks and it's done.
total wall.jpg

shoresigns

Alright... So, I found the font and did all the happy jazz that comes with trying to use a new font.. Once I got it typed up and near the original artwork, it didn't match. There were elements that did, but others that didn't. The "O" for example is too narrow in comparison to the sent image.

Any other ideas? I'm still keeping the fonts though. xD One can never have too many fonts in their library.

You know there are dozens of type foundries that have released their own interpretations of Futura, including many under different names like Twentieth Century.

If you want an exact match for a Futura sample, you just have to try them one at a time until you find a match. Start with the most popular ones like Futura BT, Futura LT, URW Futura and Futura PT. Those acronyms just indicate the type foundry (BT=Bitstream, LT=Linotype, PT=Paratype, etc.)

Ariala

Thank you everyone! We figured out that it was Futura Extra Bold. :) We just had to make it a bit more squat and it matched perfectly. ^_^

JPR-5690

After about two minutes using Futura Extra Bold, this looks kinda close. A few little tweaks and it's done. View attachment 135621

it looks like you are taking the font, splicing it in two, and then separating the two sections apart because the angles dont match up between the two sections.
if thats the case, I would outline a single instance of the font, draw a white stroke/rectangle over the logotype, and then use the pathfinder the separate the top and bottom sections so you can change the color.
just a word of advice from an ocd designer :)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
it looks like you are taking the font, splicing it in two, and then separating the two sections apart because the angles dont match up between the two sections.
if thats the case, I would outline a single instance of the font, draw a white stroke/rectangle over the logotype, and then use the pathfinder the separate the top and bottom sections so you can change the color.
just a word of advice from an ocd designer :)

That's not quite what I did, but similar. Besides, that's also why I said a few tweaks will be needed. I just did a quick mockup to illustrate it was indeed Futura.