Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Font: any idea?

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Patentagosse, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Patentagosse

Patentagosse Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Joliette, Quebec (Canada)
    I've been asked to write a word on the windshield of a GMC Sierra pickup in the same font as Sierra emblem on the tailgate. Any idea if this font is available or if it has been customized by GM's graphic designers (?)

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. x2chris7x

x2chris7x Active Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Louisiana
    Looks similar to a font called Earth... But you would need to make some modifications.

3. longlivemedia

longlivemedia Member

Feb 28, 2012
    I'm not very sure about the type face. But all I'm certain is that this is something of modern style.

4. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    Wow, really? Modern style? Who would have guessed it.

It's highly unlikely that whomever designed that particular badge for GM merely dropped down the font list on their trusty laptop and selected something from there. As opposed to doing a bit of custom work.

5. TyrantDesigner

TyrantDesigner Art! Hot and fresh.

Mar 9, 2011
    Amarillo, TX
    I love you bob.

6. Patentagosse

Patentagosse Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Joliette, Quebec (Canada)
    Some of the fonts used by GM' designers were available (or duplicated) so that's why I asked. I finally retraced all the letters I needed and the job's done now.