Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Font Copyrights

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by cmvsm@bellsouth.net, Oct 16, 2005.

1. cmvsm@bellsouth.net

cmvsm@bellsouth.net New Member

Sep 7, 2005
    In regard to font copyrights, I've found a font online that I'd like to use for a commercial logo design. The information that came with the font lists an email and website for the logo designer, where he's asked to be contacted if his font is to be used commercially. I tried his email and my mail was returned to sender, so that is a dead end. I also tried his web address and it is no longer in use. Finally, I tried to find the individual online, and no luck.

If I can't get a hold of this individual through the info that he's provided, should I go ahead and use the font?

Just trying to do things the legal way, but seems as if the information given is not current.

Any suggestions.

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Seems like you've made a greater effort than most would. I would go ahead and use the font.

3. cmvsm@bellsouth.net

cmvsm@bellsouth.net New Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Thanks Fred!