• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font copywrites????

Marlene

How would your system display a font it doesn't have?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

the copy isn't a font once it's been turned to curves or made into a graphic. if the person sending the file doesn't convert the font to a graphic, then the system can't display is as it doesn't have it. the more I think of it, this company may require the font as there are so many "designers" out there that don't have a clue and they just don't have the time to call and tell them how to run their software so their reason may be that it is easier for them.

DrCAS

Ask Randy Howe about embedded fonts and the people that extract them... There are font foundries and makers that vigorously pursue all licensing violations. They should. Why not? It's there livelihood.

For this reason, I do not embed fonts (as some programs do as a default feature) and all work is converted to curves before it goes out. If a change needs to be made, then I will make it. I double check my spelling and have stuff proofread before I convert to curves so that will not become an issue.

Don't let any production person beat up on you to submit to something like this because "they said so". If your bases are covered then there is no legitimate reason for them to make this demand.

Steve C.

Font Lab allows the font creater to prevent fonts from being embedded.
I don't know if there are any programs the can bypass this feature.
I've had a few calls from customers wanting to know why their font will not
embed in pdfs. Not all my fonts have this feature as most where not
created in Font Lab.