• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Download Problem - dafont.com

Sign Works

Got a little issue here I was hoping someone could shed a little light on. Customer supplied .ai file contains fonts that I don't have (Steelfish-Reg-Italic) so I search the web and find it as a free download on dafont.com. When I attempt to open/unzip the downloaded zip file I get a WinZip warning that says ...

Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive.
if you downloaded this file, try downloading the file again.

Customer states that dafont.com is where they acquired the font, why am I not getting a usable font file? Anybody want to check it out for me to see if they are successful or not? It's the fourth one down on the page.

http://www.dafont.com/alpha.php?lettre=s&page=100

Sign Works

Wierd as hell, I swear I spent over an hour searching and attempting a successful download of this font set from various sites last night. Just for the heck of it I just did another search, second on the search list was fonts.com and there I successfully dowloaded the 7 set font. Thanks guys.:thumb:

OK what's really strange just out of curiousity I just now reattempted the download from dafont.com and the zip file opened without issue. I don't know what to make of this, I must have downloaded that file from that site over 20 times always getting the same problem.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Wierd as hell, I swear I spent over an hour searching and attempting a successful download of this font set from various sites last night. Just for the heck of it I just did another search, second on the search list was fonts.com and there I successfully dowloaded the 7 set font. Thanks guys.:thumb:

OK what's really strange just out of curiousity I just now reattempted the download from dafont.com and the zip file opened without issue. I don't know what to make of this, I must have downloaded that file from that site over 20 times always getting the same problem.

Worked fine for me also. maybe you were just getting low on resources and in need of a reboot.

The font, BTW, comes up in my database comparison as Standard Medium Condensed by Castle Type. Steelfish is most likely a renamed and ripped off clone.

Jillbeans

I think my Steelfish came from myfonts (when you type in "free" in the search bar you used to get a big list of some nice freebies)
I actually like that font a lot.
Love.....Jill