• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font help, Just Saying

John Miller

Hi all,
Every day I get an email from Signs 101 showing the most common posts of the day and I'm always amazed at the number of "font help" requests there are. I'm not sure if you all are aware of a great resource called,

https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

This a snap to load that jpg that you post here on What the Font and most of the time, you'll get an instantaneous response telling you the name of the font. Give it a try, it works.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
As per the vector doctor, I think a lot of people try these sites before coming here. Whatthefont, identifont, find my font etc. I can recall trying about 6 of these sites with no joy once then tiki managed it in about a minute.

TimToad

I think the bigger issue is whether or not folks exhaust all of their own internal options and efforts BEFORE asking for help here. I appreciate how busy most folks are and don't want to bother anyone unless I have fully exhausted my own options.

jimbug72

Yeah, I have fairly recently seen font ID requests for Arial and Times New Roman. Those folks put absolutely ZERO effort into identifying the font.