Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Font help, Just Saying

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by John Miller, Aug 24, 2019.

1. John Miller

John Miller Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Branford, Connecticut
    Hi all,
    Every day I get an email from Signs 101 showing the most common posts of the day and I'm always amazed at the number of "font help" requests there are. I'm not sure if you all are aware of a great resource called,

https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

This a snap to load that jpg that you post here on What the Font and most of the time, you'll get an instantaneous response telling you the name of the font. Give it a try, it works.

Tags:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    While that is a good site it does not identify the thousands of free fonts that many customers use from sources such as dafont

I have much better luck with www.whatfontis.com and the findmyfont app and those are my first 2 steps when identifying fonts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    As per the vector doctor, I think a lot of people try these sites before coming here. Whatthefont, identifont, find my font etc. I can recall trying about 6 of these sites with no joy once then tiki managed it in about a minute.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TimToad

TimToad Very Active Member

Jun 13, 2013
    CA
    I think the bigger issue is whether or not folks exhaust all of their own internal options and efforts BEFORE asking for help here. I appreciate how busy most folks are and don't want to bother anyone unless I have fully exhausted my own options.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. jimbug72

jimbug72 Member

Oct 25, 2008
    South Carolina
    Yeah, I have fairly recently seen font ID requests for Arial and Times New Roman. Those folks put absolutely ZERO effort into identifying the font.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Custom Boxes Zone

Custom Boxes Zone William Spencer

Aug 8, 2019
    Brooklyn
    unsub from sign101 it would be sorted out