• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font help please

Commando

0101.jpeg

I need to know what font the "Arrow mines road" is.
TIA!

Val47

Algerian ...(legitimate name)
thanks for updating that with the legitimate part. I thought it was Algerian but I wanted to double check, and ran across that Alfredo font first. it looked like a dead ringer. but I was scratching my head a little.

SignosaurusRex

thanks for updating that with the legitimate part. I thought it was Algerian but I wanted to double check, and ran across that Alfredo font first. it looked like a dead ringer. but I was scratching my head a little.

;) While "Algerian" can be found under a number of other (what i call "knock-off") names, the original "typeface" (as I understand it) was copyrighted in 1911 by Stephensen Blake. It was later digitized into a "font" bearing the same name and released by Esselte Letraset (and other foundries) with tribute to Alan Meeks and others. It gets complicated. I'm quite sure that "Tiki" can clear up any of my misconceptions. I hate it when folks give out "Knock-off" names rather than the real deal.