Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Font Help Please

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Urq, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Urq

Urq Member

Apr 12, 2005
    I need some help to ID the cursive part of this logo.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

3. 2972renfro

2972renfro Member

Jul 8, 2005
    the lettering is not consistent o's and w's so I'm guessing it is custom lettering.

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I have to agree.

5. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    That's a useful link but by putting font ID's up here, many members can benefit. Having What the Font do it only benefits the one member.

6. TekCorps

TekCorps Member

May 25, 2005
    Agreed, Fred. Myself a newbie, I always look at the "font help" posts so I to can learn different fonts. You guys amaze me how you know most of them posted!

7. James Chrimes

James Chrimes Very Active Member

Jul 4, 2005
    NEWPORT NH
    it's a sick disease.... carefull you will proberbly get it.

8. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I liken it to the same pleasure one gets from solving a crossword puzzle. There are often little clues. If I find that one font has come from a clone collection like Serials, then that will often give me a shortcut to another font ID in the same sample.

I also get a kick out of reversing the modifications applied in the original setup (or as Bobby H might describe it: reviving a murdered font). Often I can just do it visually, stretching, unslanting, unrotating or condensing the line of type until it looks right. Other techniques include Bezier pen drawing one character in a really poor resolution sample and then make an ID from just the one interpreted character.

9. 2972renfro

2972renfro Member

Jul 8, 2005
    The worst ones though are when the customer brings in a tracing/rubbing of a letter for you to match. And wouldn't you know it, they trace a letter O or a sans serif T and expect you to come up with a match. Fun.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2005