Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Font Help Please...

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by BadAss, Dec 13, 2008.

1. BadAss

BadAss Active Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Arizona
    Hey Guys,
    My eyes are starting to hurt, I need to try and match this for some banners. The KRYZTO and CHANTEL are the 2 I need...Thanx in advance eveyone....Mykel

Attached Files:

• Logo.jpg
      Logo.jpg
      File size:
      122.4 KB
      Views:
    Tags:
  2. Service Sign Co

Service Sign Co Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Southaven
  3. BadAss

BadAss Active Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Arizona
    Yeah, I thought Copperplate as well, but the serifs are more square. She said her brother did it. I know he only has a base system with software that it came with. So the fonts have to be basic, but may be something in Mac. not sure his computer type. Just can't seem to find it...M*

4. SignsOfMaine

SignsOfMaine Member

Nov 10, 2008
    I think you have american gothic for sure... some issue with aliasing could account for the serifs looking a hair different. Or there's a knockoff, but I say go use the original.

I'm kinda shocked but chantel can't be ID'ed on myfonts. Somehow a fairly traditional times/bodoni-looking font never ended up there.

I know that when it became apparent to font companies that they could make legal knockoffs of stuff like helvetica and times new roman for computers, they ended up with tons of clones that had little differences, like times vs nimbus vs dutch801. I think this might be some computer clone of bodoni, with a few quirks of its own like the "t".