• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Help Plz

mander0104

Good afternoon All! Wondering if someone can help me w/ the attached file, by identifying both fonts in the attached image. I tried scanning into Signlab and exporting as .ai to submit for tracing, but it keeps giving me error saying "cannot parse file" (or something like that)...perhaps someone may also know why it tells me this on certain files. Thank you in advance for your replies!

Attachments

• SUPREME SPORTS PARK.doc
    135 KB · Views: 152

mander0104

i tried using palette for the script and it seems to just come up as upper case lettering...I dont think i'm doing anything wrong (could be having a blond moment) but I did try w/ and w/out CAPS LOCK on...any suggestions, or is it possible a different font? I've only got Britannic Bold in my font base, but I'm sure that would work fine!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'm not sure why the font named Palette, if it is the commercial version, would lack lower case characters. It's pretty much illegible in all caps. If you have CorelDRAW you might want to check the fonts that accompany that program for Bitstream's version of Palette which they call Brush 455.

I have no idea on the Knights of Columbus text. It's too small and garbled for my automated comparison to work and my old, tired eyes to see enough detail.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I have an old Corel book and there is a font called Palette in there AKA Paint Brush (large and small caps) and that does not match. The link that fred posted is the correct Palette font. 2 fonts, same name, different appearance.

mander0104

Is there much difference between "Brush 455" & "Brush 445" because I only have "445" along w/ a few others, but not the "455"? Looks pretty similar to the pic I have, so I'm thinking it will be fine, just wondering the difference? Is it just the boldness?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It appears that for whatever their reasons at some point Bitstream renamed Brush 445 to Brush 455. They are the same font.