• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Help

Hollywood

I always have cust. want me match a font. Is there a program I can buy for my computer that will automatically identify the font. And are fonts that are the same sometimes named diffrent. How many on average do most of you have on your computer.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
FontExpert will identify scans of unmodified fonts. Once they've been stretched, squeezed, slanted or murdered, it really requires a trained eye. You can usually get a font ID'd here if you have a halfway decent image to post.

I generally keep 300 to 400 fonts actually installed on my computers including the various system fonts.

Checkers

When the client doesn't know the font used in their design, I use whatthefont.com when it comes to font matching. When that doesn't work, I open up Font Navigator and start scrolling through what I have.
I haven't tried FontExpert, but going by Fred's success at identifying fonts, I would say it's pretty good.
Right now, I have 656 fonts installed on my PC. Of those, I may use a dozen or so on a regular basis.

Checkers

Hollywood

Fonts

Yea i think I am going to remove some. I have close to 4500 installed and some are really bad and just stupid.