• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font help....

EnergyDesign

I have identified the secondary font as Algerian, but the E AND P and giving me trouble, anyone recognize this font or is it actually strokes by soem designer's brush? This is the absolute only image they have, and I am trying to clean it up...

ELLERSLIEPLACELOGO.jpg

EnergyDesign

reccomendation on the secondary? the thin outline, gives me the idea it is algerian...have not really researched this. Trying to figure out how to squeeze 5 lines of giant text and the crappy logo on a 18x24 cor-plast sign

SignosaurusRex

Everything shown, is a base font with a cut-away drop shadow added and done in the same color which is what gives it the effect shown and is whats throwing you off. You're looking for fonts to match what you see and they don't exist as you see them. The secondary font looks to be a Bookman or close to it.

EnergyDesign

ok...last request...any source to pick up shelly? I googled it, and they are all 29.99 and up...I dont want to pay for it, but will if it is absolutely neccessary...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Signosaurus is correct on Shelley Volante. You can get it from MyFonts.com for $24.00.

The other font is your plain old vanilla Times new Roman or Times which has has a relief shadow applied to it.

SignosaurusRex

I believe you're right on the "Times" there Fred. The corner/curve weight of the horizontal stroke serifs looked a little too heavy and angled rather than curved to me. Gees, how many "Times Roman" variations are there that you know of Fred? seriously, I'm kinda curious, I know its a lot! Thank God we don't have to have them all.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I believe you're right on the "Times" there Fred. The corner/curve weight of the horizontal stroke serifs looked a little too heavy and angled rather than curved to me. Gees, how many "Times Roman" variations are there that you know of Fred? seriously, I'm kinda curious, I know its a lot! Thank God we don't have to have them all.

Every major foundry has at least one version. I doubt after all the modification that was done after setting the type that anyone would complain a different version was used.

I personally refuse to use Times unless the client has already specified it.

SignosaurusRex

"I personally refuse to use Times unless the client has already specified it."

I agree there Fred. I know FontHaus alone, lists 125 variations.