• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

font help

fastcut

Candi @ FastCut...morning all.

2 things...I run a Gerber plotter and use Omega software. I have never been able to use fonts that aren't in my font manager. Yes I read the book and followed directions but it wouldn't let me add any. I called customer support and they said I have to buy fonts.
:help:
Does anyone have this font (from the picture below) that you can send me in eps or ai???
It should say Downtown Burgers

Attachments

• uptown.jpg
    uptown.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 125

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The font in question is ITC Anna Small Caps.

There is no reason I know of that you would not be able to use a TrueType font with Gerber Omega by converting it through the Gerber TrueType Font Converter utility application which is included with Omega. If you need help using it, buy the font and PM me and I will walk you through it. Here is a link to a tutorial related to what you would need to do.

Please do not use Signs 101 to request digital files or typesetting. Such a request is against our rules and is a violation of copyright.

fastcut

OMG Fred you're a genius! I love you...are you married??? Sorry about the rules...I guess I'm just a rebel that way!

I'm taking the day off to add fonts!

fastcut

Does Anyone At Least Know What That Font

Is Called?

ps Fred...it's not that I didn't want to buy that font, customer support told me I had to buy a font package from them. They said I could not add ANY fonts other than what came installed...and personally, those are crap!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The font is called ITC Anna Small Caps as I posted previously. All I can tell you is that you have received some bad information if you were told that you had to buy a Gerber font pack. Check your program menu in the Gerber group for a program named TT Font Converter. It will convert any font which is installed into Windows into a Gerber font which will then show up in you Omega or Graphix Advantage font menu.

Hints ... You must have a TrueType version of the font installed before the TT Font Converter will see it. If you are running a starter version of Omega, then you may not have the ability to convert fonts. Once the font you want appears in the TT Font Converter menu, select it and click the convert button. If you have a gazillion fonts installed, you may encounter font names not appearing in various menus.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Looking at your profile ... you state that you also have Adobe Illustrator and CorelDRAW.

This would then give you the capability to type out the phrase you want in either program, convert it to outlines and then save as EPS or AI. You could then import that file into Omega and solve your problem.

So the only thing missing is for you to acquire a licensed version of the font.

fastcut

Ya I just figured out the outline thing today also...man a day off is rewarding!
THANKS for ALL your help!