• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Help.

ndemond

Old plastic letters we are replacing with open channel. Thinking so old might be hand drawn. Something close would be great.

Thanks Nancy

Graphic1.jpg

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Whatever font was used as the model originally, it was adapted for neon, so it will never be an exact match. The closest match I see is Embassy.

ndemond

Thanks Fred
Below I started with Kestrel and ended up with the last one. It is still a bit "lumpy" in places but I think it is pretty close. Been looking at it for about an hour, anyone notice any more curves needing
smoothing? It is all starting to look the same.

Thanks Nancy

Graphic1.jpg

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
One thing I do if I have to hand trace letters is reuse letters that are used more than once. It saves time and makes them uniform.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 89

Service Sign Co

If you have to draw the neon anyway,You should draw them to give it a personal or perhaps retro touch. I just outlined the neon stroke and it came out fairly well for minimum editing. I can't find a script that matches well. That's confusing I meant draw the neon pencil script first and then the letter since it is open face

Last edited: