• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font help!

Does anybody recognize this font? The font in question is the one used in "Wiese". Anybody?

Attachments

• Wiese Bizcard.jpg
    Wiese Bizcard.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 214

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
All the text in question is set in Lydian Cursive except the "W". That gets identified in my database as your choice of either Adobe Garamond Swash MM or Adobe Jenson Swash MM. Adobe has abandoned the Multiple Master technology and no longer offers those fonts, so your best bet for the "W" is to hand trace it.

Attachments

• Wiese.jpg
    Wiese.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 180

Bigdawg

Just Me
Fred, out of curiosity do you know why Adobe quit with the Multiple Master fonts? I used them alot - and still have several on floppies that I purchased - they were ideal for the jobs that you almost had to stretch or squeeze the type for. You know, like "can you fit this 72 point headline in a one inch space?"

2972renfro

I think it's because it caused so many postscript imagesetters, printers to choke. Not choke/spread but choke as in output courier text. I took something to Kinko's once and their ps laser would not print anything on my page using MM fonts. I replaced them with regular ps fonts and everything was ok.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I agree with renfro regarding the imagesetter issues but also think it may have had something to do with both the Open Type standard and the fact that Adobe Type Manager was being phased out.

It may have also irked more than a few type afficianados that Adobe was encouraging customers to tinker with the type instead of selecting type to fit the situation.

Bigdawg

Just Me
We didn't have any problems on our Linotronic Imagesetters (330 and 600) with multiple masters - didn't really output to anything else since I worked at a place called "Linotronic Service Bureau" but I know what you mean on choking the RIP. Onyx and the system font Chicago would stop 'em every time.