Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Font Help...............

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Gino, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I thought I knew this and everything I tried is different in some way. If we were just reproducing the logo, I'd vectorize it.... but he wants some copy added to his sign and he'd like the same style. I don't need the 'Importing' part, just the name.

I'm starting to feel it's hand painted and been copied time and time again. However, this time, we're making a few large signs for him and a copied version won't do for the copy.
    salinos.jpg
    Any help would be appreciated.
    :thankyou:
    Gino

Tags:
  2. housemusikid

housemusikid Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I looked and looked...sorry, no luck. The more I did look at it, it seems hand painted.

3. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    I've got nothing either, but have a question. Is there a chance the "S" is upside down? Maybe it is one of the fonts you thought it was, but with a flipped "S"

4. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    I come up empty as well Gino. I thought I might find a close match or combination of fonts that could be combined and tweaked but nothing worked that would not require considerable work.....more than what would be required to simply re-create the original.