• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font ID for Cast Iron Sign

chester215

Just call me Chester.
I literally dug this sign up when grading the driveway to our shop after a recent storm with our Bobcat.
The company has been here for over 25 Years and no one remembers seeing it.
It is 1+ in thick cast iron and weighs about 65 pounds.
There are also very small guide pins on the letters, maybe for reflective letters that were over the raised letters??

Anyway I would like to cut reflective letters for the sign but can't find the font. Some have been close but not for all of the letters.

Thanks for looking.
20180917_144718.jpg

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
This is close to Clarendon Bold with a few changes to the letters. The T and L have an angular arm extension instead of the curve

Actually I see some other issues such as the wrong W. You may have to do a rubbing and trace to match

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
If it is like many foundries, there will be drawers of assorted typestyle sizes - but usually 1 or 2 typestyles - a plain block and a bolder one like this.
When a plaque is needed they take the letters needed out, and nail them to the backboard, then form the green-sand mould from that.
This has simply taken the impression of the nail heads along with the letters as they were tacked down.
I'd doubt anything reflective was on it...

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Yup, seems to be the best way to do it.
Have some reflective beads around here somewhere, now all I have to do is find them.
Thanks for the help everyone.

jriley

Here's a crazy idea. Get some tracing paper and some charcoal (or whatever) over the sign. When you're done, clean up the lines, scan it, vectorize it, and send it to your plotter.